Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sverd

Diet Coke..

Okay this morning my skin was pretty clear, at lunch I told myself it was okay to have some diet coke because it has no sugar, and now my skin looks like complete crap. So I guess it's the caffeine that did this to my skin? does anyone else have problems with diet coke?

Okay this morning my skin was pretty clear, at lunch I told myself it was okay to have some diet coke because it has no sugar, and now my skin looks like complete crap. So I guess it's the caffeine that did this to my skin? does anyone else have problems with diet coke?

Don't ever ever ever drink anything 'Diet' or 'Low Joule' or 'No Sugar' or anything like that. Because remember, there has to be something in there thats making it sweet right...welll... its aspartame or some other artificial sweetner. In diet coke, the aspartame would've caused ur breakout, that stuff is absolutely toxic! Its been known to cause brain tumours! So stay away from anything like that. If you search up aspartame on google ull find out heaps about its toxicity.

well this sucks, diet coke was one of the good drinks that I thought I could get away with drinking because the sugar in it isn't "real", but the caffeine is even worse

I drink sprite and all those lemon lime drinks cause they have no caffeine.

Come to think of it after drinking diet green tea this weekend my skin broke out. :doubt:

What's the point in diet things anyway

Just limit the quantity and stick with the full sugars and full fat versions

If not just remove them or just allow them one or two days a week

But no point in switching to the "lighter" versions

What's the point in diet things anyway

Just limit the quantity and stick with the full sugars and full fat versions

If not just remove them or just allow them one or two days a week

But no point in switching to the "lighter" versions

Are there ANY scientific studies correlating caffeine and acne? Because I drank 6 cups of white tea today, which totals to 300 mg of caffeine, roughly 10 cans of diet coke equivalently. I'm clear.

Caffeine definitely affected my skin. I used to drink lots of tea, coffee and coke a few years ago but since giving up my skin has been so much better.

Caffeine definitely affected my skin. I used to drink lots of tea, coffee and coke a few years ago but since giving up my skin has been so much better.

Those are 3 completely different drinks in regards to it's effect on biochemistry. The only thing that is common is caffeine.

Ive never been a caffeine person.i hate coffee and all dark sodas.I'll only drink sprite and things similar but i dont even drink it that often.Maybe 2-5 times a month

Those are 3 completely different drinks in regards to it's effect on biochemistry. The only thing that is common is caffeine.

Caffeine can affect the skin, since its so hard on the body. Not small amounts really, like in green tea, but now that Ive been off the soda for awhile I find I get really sick if I have a coke. I think diet sodas are disgusting and horrible for you..that fake sweetener stuff is no good but thats just my opinion based on the effects they have on my body.

I recommend we all give up sodas completely except for very rare special occasions. The need for them is really nothing but habit, and they have absolutely no nutritional purpose. I used to think I couldnt live without them but I never even have the desire for them anymore. Once in a great while Ill have one as a treat and usually its one of the caffeine free ones.

Caffeine can affect the skin, since its so hard on the body. Not small amounts really, like in green tea, but now that Ive been off the soda for awhile I find I get really sick if I have a coke. I think diet sodas are disgusting and horrible for you..that fake sweetener stuff is no good but thats just my opinion based on the effects they have on my body.

I recommend we all give up sodas completely except for very rare special occasions. The need for them is really nothing but habit, and they have absolutely no nutritional purpose. I used to think I couldnt live without them but I never even have the desire for them anymore. Once in a great while Ill have one as a treat and usually its one of the caffeine free ones.

That is what I meant. They all contain large amounts of caffeine, I know that, which I believe was having a detrimental effect on my skin. I drink water only now and feel so much better for it. No caffeine = better skin for me.

I'm addicted to caffeine. I drink (I'm not kidding here) between 40-60 ounces of coffee a day. Pretty much all I drink is coffee or water with the occasional orange juice or cup of tea here or there. I drink maybe a pop once a month.

I have tried to cut down on my coffee intake but if I don't get at least 20 oz in me within 2hrs of me waking up in the morning... I get terrible headaches and nausea. I've tried cutting down gradually... no dice. After days of headaches and nausea I give up and go back to drinking it...

I know I probably would have better skin without it... but the other side effects aren't worth it.

A cup of green tea has about the same caffeine content as a can of soda.

I dont believe thats true. At least not the teas I drink.

somone said it,

dont ever drink Diet sodas or things that say, No Sugar

they contain artificial sweetners such as aspartame or splenda or w/e,

just keyword "aspartame danger" or "splenda danger" and youll find out about artificial sweetners