Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kimberly5

make-up Remover!!!!

ok, i really need some input on this one u guys (girls)........so i barely started taking accutane and im on my 10th day and want to start on Dan Karen's Regimen which i have never tried before and usually like to take nightly showers and just remove my make-up while taking a shower without make-up remover....so i was wondering which make-up remover brand u suggest i use that wont irritate my skin cuz i have sensitive skin. Please HELP!!! i would really appreciate it, thanx! :rolleyes:

Your face wash should remove your makeup(?). I take showers at night too & I just wash my face in the shower. For removing eye makeup I use vaseline or jojoba oil.

Every now & then when I stay out late, I feel like my makeup is extra grimy by the time I get home & then I like this makeup remover by DHC for my whole face:

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

Olive oil is non-comedogenic and it also wont dry you out more if you still use your facewash after. I havent had any issues with it breaking me out or causing irritation.

I might add too, that accutane is supposed to be very drying & DKR will just add to that dryness. Benzoyl peroxide may be way too much for your skin while on accutane. Talk to your derm to make sure it is okay.

Olive oil is non-comedogenic and it also wont dry you out more if you still use your facewash after. I havent had any issues with it breaking me out or causing irritation.

i've had problems with olive oil - the KMF Olive Oil bar soap definitely broke me out. :wall: i can definitely see myself trying jojoba oil to remove makeup though.

i've had problems with olive oil - the KMF Olive Oil bar soap definitely broke me out. :wall: i can definitely see myself trying jojoba oil to remove makeup though.

I use France Laure's Red Current Cleansing Milke to remove my makeup, it's a very gentle cleanser so it doesn't dry my skin out, after that I use the Red Current lotion just to make sure I got all that crap off my face

I've never used a separate makeup remover. I just use my face wash.

It doesn't sting your eyes? :shock:

no, I keep my eyes closed when I wash my face. ;)

my facial cleanser, Canus Unscented goat's milk soap, removes my mineral makeup very well.

if i ever use stubborn eye makeup, like mascara, liner, etc., i use Clinique's Take The Day Off Facial Cleansing Balm... expensive, but it works sooo well. i love it. :-*