Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jordean23

Food for a runner

Well, I run a lot of miles every week and im not sure what foods I can eat because of my acne. I hear fruits such as bananas and energy bars such as cliff bars are good after a run but I also hear that they can break you out as well. I wanted to try a cliff bar but it said it had 15% of iodine in it. Do you think that would break me out? Does anyone know anything about energy bars or certain fruits being bad for acne? What would be a good diet for a runner with acne? I want to be in the best shape but I don't want to break out as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Stop eating your energy bars. They are full of preservatives and processed sugars that go straight to your face. I usually have a massive breakfast, Eggs, Rice, Beans, Fruit (notice no meat). By noon I have a snack (Fruit) Then I have a massive dinner, which usually has meat, chicken or fish. Just make sure your getting protein through the day. The best fruits for me I have noticed are Oranges and Apples. I don't eat bananas (not enough water and too much sugar). Oranges have a lot of liquid, (keeps your hydrated for running). Avocados actually have protein and they give you energy, I eat them too. Bassicly you have to try things and see how it effects you. Once you know one type of food is ok, you can add to your diet. Trial and error.....

Stop eating your energy bars. They are full of preservatives and processed sugars that go straight to your face. I usually have a massive breakfast, Eggs, Rice, Beans, Fruit (notice no meat). By noon I have a snack (Fruit) Then I have a massive dinner, which usually has meat, chicken or fish. Just make sure your getting protein through the day. The best fruits for me I have noticed are Oranges and Apples. I don't eat bananas (not enough water and too much sugar). Oranges have a lot of liquid, (keeps your hydrated for running). Avocados actually have protein and they give you energy, I eat them too. Bassicly you have to try things and see how it effects you. Once you know one type of food is ok, you can add to your diet. Trial and error.....

15 percent iodine is not going to break you out. That's pretty much nothing, there's much more in things like eggs and broccoli.

Try Lara Bars, from Trader Joes or Whole Foods.

Im a vegetarian and Ive been running. I try to get lots of protien (i love bean dishes especially stuff with black beans and brown rice). I make lots of stir frys with nuts and tofu in them too. I basically like a lot of veggie protiens and lots of good complex carbs. If I feel particularly depleted one day Ill make some scrambled eggs (like 2-3) or have a protien shake.

stick to complex carbs as mentioned above ( grains , oatmeal is a good one, bread , beans rice and etc...) Also make sure you get some protein to prevent muscular breakdown. (I prefer meat =) )

i thought that the high starch content of bananas results in significant inflammation

that's at least how it works for me so i'm staying away from them and eating higher moisture % fruits