Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cmking

this worked for me

hey all, i first found this site about a year ago, that's when my skin first started to get really bad after being really clear for at least 3 years (so clear strangers would comment on how nice my skin was). But about a year ago i had a full-fledged acne beard. It was painful both emotionally and physically. I was so frustrated and nothing seemed to work. I went to the dermo, only to be disappointed by lack of results.

So I started doing research and the dairy/acne link caught peaked my interest. So I cut out dairy and my skin looks radiant again. I cut it out completely-no milk, no cheese, no butter, no cream, no delisiousness. I've been dairy free for about 2 months. I'm getting compliments on my skin again. One was from an lady who does facials for a living. I'm also working on cutting out wheat, but that's not as big of an issue as the dairy since i'm not much of a bread and pasta eater anyways.

What's interesting is these food intolerances or allergies also correspond to the blood-type diet. I'm an O+ and according to the diet, O's don't tolerate dairy or wheat well at all. I also found out that I wasn't able to switch from breast milk to cow's milk as a baby. My mom said she had to put me on soy.

So my conclusion was my acne was triggered by stress and worsened by my increased intolerance to certain foods due to my weakened imune system. My advise to whoever reads this is to be persistant in your research and to definately give an elimination diet a try to see if maybe one of your favorite foods is maybe your cause of acne. As much as I love dairy, I don't love a five o'clock acne shadow. I hope this helps at least some of you :) Good luck!

hello,

how do you do a food intollerence test?

i cut out lots of dairy already, i only have cows milk in coffee and some pruducts. i try and avoid other dairy produce as well.

anyway, i think if you have long term persistant acne its worth looking into.

tim

hello,

how do you do a food intollerence test?

i cut out lots of dairy already, i only have cows milk in coffee and some pruducts. i try and avoid other dairy produce as well.

anyway, i think if you have long term persistant acne its worth looking into.

tim

what i did is eliminate dairy completely for at least 3 days, which was really really hard for me. then i introduce the food after the elimination period. i did this more than once, just to be sure. i honestly didn't want to admit i was allergic to dairy because i love it so much. my skin breaks out the next day after eating dairy. from not eating the dairy, my skin looks 100% better. a side effect of not eating any dairy is i'm much leaner also. my abs are more cut than they've ever been and i haven't been working out. cutting out dairy was challenging (still is) but the results are well worth it.