Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
M3tallica

Getting really mad!

On the right side of my face, I got 2 cysts or whatever they're called in the past two days. The hard pimples under the skin. REALLY ANNOYING. What's causing it and what's the fastest way to rid of them!? Help.

I am consistent with the DKR. I started doing it twice a day for more than two weeks now, and that is probably why. It feels like my face dries out really bad when doing it twice a day. I'm going to do it once per day for a couple of days to let my face cool down. My face looks/feels better than last night, though so maybe it will clear up by next weekend. It was either the two times per day making my right side of the face break out, or it was pizza from friday-saturday I had. Who knows. All I know is I hope it gets better. My left side is looking good, really good.

Side-note: That sudocrem really does work miracles. Clears those red marks and heals scars pretty fast!

If your skin is overly dry it may be the problem. I've noticed a trend that those really tough pimples seem to be related to overdry skin sometimes. Especially if this has happened shortly after increasing the amount of BP you are using.

Are you using a good moisturizer? (which one?)

I don't ever use a full finger length of BP because I know that would double the dryness to my face. I've been sticking to a fair amount, which is around half of a finger length. The moisturizer I use is Aveeno Daily Mousturizer. Now, for some reason my left side is almost completely clear witch an exception of a small pimple. My right face has been like this where it seems like it's clearing up, to a breakout ever since last year during the mid summer vacation.

I don't ever use a full finger length of BP because I know that would double the dryness to my face. I've been sticking to a fair amount, which is around half of a finger length. The moisturizer I use is Aveeno Daily Mousturizer. Now, for some reason my left side is almost completely clear witch an exception of a small pimple. My right face has been like this where it seems like it's clearing up, to a breakout ever since last year during the mid summer vacation.

Part of the reason why you can't move beyond a half finger is probably because your moisturizer isn't hydrating enough. If you use a good quality hydrating moisturizer, it will counteract the dryness and allow you to put on the full amount of BP.

I've never tried any of the Aveeno moisturizers, but from what I've seen on the forums here, Aveeno just isn't hydrating enough to use with the Regimen. If you are so dry that you can't move up the amount of BP, you can consider adding jojoba oil to your moisturizer or try Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. It's super hydrating.