Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*Tina*

It's my birthday tomorrow and i was dumped today

My boyfriend of over 3 months just broke up with me. over email. :(

I am a new member to this site but I have been browsing through here for the past few weeks. I think a lot of you guys are great at giving advice and making other sufferers feel better. I have developed cystic acne on my back aswell as chest. It's extremely embaressing and has only come about in the past 4 or 5 weeks. I wouldn't let my boyfriend see me in the light and now he is convinced there is something wrong with me.

He sent me this email a few hours ago.

Christina, I think we need to talk in person but seeing as you are completely fucked in the head I have resorted to sending you this mail instead. The last 3 months have been great between us but you have changed. Everytime I ask you about your acne, you won't talk to me. I know you are beautiful, and maybe this is fucked up to tell you like this but I have met someone even better. really think you need to go to a mental hospital babe. My mates are callin me telling me stories about you have a disease. I don't know what to think anymore. You won't show me but now I'm worried, like maybe you do have some kind of disease. I don't know what else to beleive anymore. Right now, unless we can meet and you can show me I don't want anything to do with us. call me.

I am still crying. I can't beleive he thinks I have a disease. I thought he loved me. I just can't show him because he will think I am a freak. It's my Birthday tomorrow and I'm all alone.

I am a new member to this site but I have been browsing through here for the past few weeks. I think a lot of you guys are great at giving advice and making other sufferers feel better. I have developed cystic acne on my back aswell as chest. It's extremely embaressing and has only come about in the past 4 or 5 weeks. I wouldn't let my boyfriend see me in the light and now he is convinced there is something wrong with me.

Christina, I think we need to talk in person but seeing as you are completely fucked in the head I have resorted to sending you this mail instead. The last 3 months have been great between us but you have changed. Everytime I ask you about your acne, you won't talk to me. I know you are beautiful, and maybe this is fucked up to tell you like this but I have met someone even better. really think you need to go to a mental hospital babe. My mates are callin me telling me stories about you have a disease. I don't know what to think anymore. You won't show me but now I'm worried, like maybe you do have some kind of disease. I don't know what else to beleive anymore. Right now, unless we can meet and you can show me I don't want anything to do with us. call me.

I am still crying. I can't beleive he thinks I have a disease. I thought he loved me. I just can't show him because he will think I am a freak. It's my Birthday tomorrow and I'm all alone.

well then tell him!

good relationships have communication,something your not giving him. If he loves you like you think he does,then he wont think your a freak

yeah so i say,talk to him,cuz he kinda does have a point

My mates are callin me telling me stories about you have a disease. I don't know what to think anymore.

Well no wonder, he's listening to his fuckin' friends instead of the woman he (supposedly) loves. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry this happened to you. I've been down that road. :comfort: I wish I could lend more support, but I'm just as peeled as you are at this.

And over email? WTF? The least he could've done is talk to you face-to-face.

The last bit though, I think you should tell him. I do believe he really loves you no matter what "problems" you have.

I called him and we are meeting at my house in 20 minutes. He told me he met someone else. I will see what happens.

Oh my God! One of my exs broke up with me over e-mail to. That is so tacky! At least if youre gonna break up with me then have the courage to tell me to my face.

OMG what he said to you in the e-mail is screwed up. He obviously doesnt know how hard it is to talk about acne! The only people I talk to about my acne are my parents and my drs. There is no way he can help you with your acne or have any understanding of what its like to go through it so theres no need for you to talk about it with him =/

I called him and we are meeting at my house in 20 minutes. He told me he met someone else. I will see what happens.

I hope he dumps you

My mates are callin me telling me stories about you have a disease. I don't know what to think anymore.

Well no wonder, he's listening to his fuckin' friends instead of the woman he (supposedly) loves. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry this happened to you. I've been down that road. :comfort: I wish I could lend more support, but I'm just as peeled as you are at this.

And over email? WTF? The least he could've done is talk to you face-to-face.

The last bit though, I think you should tell him. I do believe he really loves you no matter what "problems" you have.

Thankyou Mortally :) My head is spinning right now nd I feel a mess but maybe we are both acting cowardly, I'll see what happens soon, maybe he won't care as much as I thought. Saying i had a disease has gotten me really worked up right now though. :angry:

Guest Mankind R.I.P.

To be completely honest he can't have cared about you as much as you think because he says he has already found someone else. I didn't like the way he said he had found someone ''even better'' as if you weren't good enough for him or something. He knew about your acne and that was the reason why you didn't really want to see him so surely he should have realised that it was getting to you. Also, he automatically assumed you had some kind of disease (like an STD or something) and were using acne as excuse to not see him. The fact he is believing his friends when they are obviously making up stories shows to me that he is more worried that he has caught something rather than worried about your well-being. Why did he have to say you were ''fucked in the head'' and ''need to go to a mental hospital'' when all he needed to ask was if you are ok and maybe talking your issues over with him would help.

If you do really care about him then hold ''clear the air'' talks with him to see what the situation with the relationship is. Just tell him how you feel about your acne and if you feel like it just show him. If he has an issue with it then he is not worth you time. If he gives up on you for this reason don't bother with him. Many relationships have rough patches and if he can't handle this one after only three months then it seems as though the relationship won't work.

Ehh... I think the "I have found someone else" line is mainly to rattle her gears.

If it was a sure shot, he wouldn't be asking to speak with Tina about all this. It would've been a "you know what? Fuck you, I have someone else. I don't want to have anything to do with you. No talk, just acceptance."

That's speaking from my POV. YMMV.

ok im sorry to say this since u went out with him...but i have to say....omg what a loserrrrrrrrr....first off never be ashmed of who u are for anybodyyyy not matter how u think they make u feel.....someone who "loves" somebody would never say anythingggggggg like your fuked in the head...or i found someone "better".....secondly......when someone does love someone they would go threw anythinggggggg with them....if u have breakouts or whatever that shouldnt mean fuk all.....if love was easy everyone would be in love all the time......however the good side is...it helps teach us that in life we think we know what love is even after 3 monthes lol love is something that can take a lifetime to build and maintain....i hope u realise your better off without someone who would say shit like that and realize u determine your own happiness in life

Ty:)

Guest Mankind R.I.P.
Ehh... I think the "I have found someone else" line is mainly to rattle her gears.

If it was a sure shot, he wouldn't be asking to speak with Tina about all this. It would've been a "you know what? Fuck you, I have someone else. I don't want to have anything to do with you. No talk, just acceptance."

That's speaking from my POV. YMMV.

That is probably the case but either way, you will find out how he truly feels about you when you talk with him in 20 minutes or so. He will either accept it and try to help you through it or not. Plain and simple.

Christina, I think we need to talk in person but seeing as you are completely fucked in the head I have resorted to sending you this mail instead.

SPINELESS!

You two do have communication issues. Instead of pullling away from him you needed to confide in him. Instead of him going outisde the relationship to resolve the problem (ie. to friends, this supposed new girl) he should've talked with you to your face & had some compassion for your situation.

I don't know what went wrong between you 2 but if he dumped you because u have acne, he's not worth it !

Don't cry over someone like that, and by telling you over email is just stupid !

I don't really think it's because of the acne itself, but more of the withdrawal because of it. You can even see in the email where he asks her about her acne, she won't talk.

As others have said: communication is key in a relationship. He's not entirely at fault here -- Tina has some of it as well.

I hope he dumps you

He dumped me. I showed him what I've been so afraid of all this time. His first reaction was that it wasn't all that bad. Evrerything was going fine, we sat down to watch a movie, he asked me to get a beer and when I came back he was gone!! I texted his phone 3 times in 45 minutes before I got a message back telling me he couldn't handle it and was sorry. and Take care. =(

I feel hopeless now. I'm not good enough for any man like this. Thanks guys but this is just another example of my miserable life. =(

Guest Mankind R.I.P.

I hope he dumps you

He dumped me. I showed him what I've been so afraid of all this time. His first reaction was that it wasn't all that bad. Evrerything was going fine, we sat down to watch a movie, he asked me to get a beer and when I came back he was gone!! I texted his phone 3 times in 45 minutes before I got a message back telling me he couldn't handle it and was sorry. and Take care. =(

I feel hopeless now. I'm not good enough for any man like this. Thanks guys but this is just another example of my miserable life. =(

What a twat. He aint worth your time. He did not even have the guts to tell you he did not want to see you anymore, he just creeped out without you knowing. How callous of him. Do not put yourself down over this. That guy was obviously a very shallow person indeed, do not feel like he has any more worth than you in any way. There are men out there that will like you for you no matter about your skin or any other issues there may be.

In the meantime, try and find ways to alleviate your acne and do not let this get you down. A girl like you will definitely find someone far better than that guy, you deserve to ;)

Then he's a jackass and something would've broken you guys up eventually even if it wasn't for your breakouts. Screw him!

I hope he dumps you

did you at least drink his beer??? hey u look good to me, you wanna go out? after seeing my face, youll feel much better about yourself!

we sat down to watch a movie, he asked me to get a beer and when I came back he was gone!!

SPINELESS!

Wow, what an ass. Sure, you should've been open to begin with, but I think no matter what, this guy is a jerk who doesnt even have the balls to break up with someone properly. If he can't deal with a little acne then he isnt even mature enough for a relationship. You never know what is going to get thrown at you in life & you cant just dump people off along the way cuz their skin isnt perfect.

Christina,

First of all Happy Birthday. :) Your (now) ex-boyfriend was way out line...breaking up by email, and then disappearing? He wasn't worth your time anyway, you deserve someone better than that. He sounded like a complete loser in the email, I'd be glad to get away from him if I was in your position..and if I wasn't a guy. ;)

Think of this as a new start, go out there and get yourself a guy who deserves to be with you.

Have a good day tomorrow,

-Chris

what a fucking idiot!

be glad he dumped you.

if that's your in your avatar, you're beautiful.

jeebus..i don;t even have words to describe what a jerk he is.

1. dumping you over email

2. saying you have a mental disease

3. you need a mental hospital and

4 telling you he met someone better?!! wtf.

I'm really sorry he did this to you but in the long run you'll be better off.

Please try to enjoy your birthday.

x