Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matt_08

Accutane & Scars

Does accutane really help with the outcome of a scar formation....will it help get rid of active scars? how bout old scars left behind from previous acne lessions?

What do you think? Feal free to post your personal experiences while taking accutane.

are you talking about actual scars or PIH (redmarks) which are often confused with scars. accutane will not get rid of scars, but it will give your skin time and the PIH will clear by itself. also it will prevent possible future scarring.

no, but it will prevent new acne, which will prevent furthur scarring.

My derm said to an extent accutane would have collagen remoulding, and smaller scars may look better..

Don't know if it's true :P

Does accutane really help with the outcome of a scar formation....will it help get rid of active scars? how bout old scars left behind from previous acne lessions?

What do you think? Feal free to post your personal experiences while taking accutane.

Accutane got rid of two keloid scars i had on my nose. one on the side of my nose was there for years, then i had a huge one towards the end of my nose. they are both gone! i couldn't believe it. and that was only within the first month of accutane. my nose is smoother than ever now.