Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sunshinedaydream

makeup for self-esteem....

This isn't really a question, just more of an observation. One of my high school students is a really pretty girl, but she is one of those people who has this THICK layer of makeup that doesn't seem to quite match her skin tone, and it makes her skin look very oily and accentuates the few blemishes she does have. When she walks into my office you can literally SMELL the makeup because she has so much on. I just have the urge to wipe all that stuff off her face for her!

I remember being that age and being self-conscious and wanting to hide every little imperfection and I wish I could tell her she really doesn't need to make herself up like that to be pretty :( But of course I can't say that to her, so instead I just hope she someday realizes it on her own..... *sigh*

I have a couple older sisters that always pointed out what I was doing wrong with makeup or clothes. In that case even if I was to get offended they were my sisters and had the right of passage to tell me that :lol: . As a teacher it would be sooo hard to see that and not be able to say anything. Hopefully she has some older sisters that will fill her in lol.

she will grow out of it, I used to have the thick orange line too. In fact i even remember my old hs teacher telling me to wear less and to get the hair out of my eyes. her comments scarred me for a while..

So yes, it\'s something she will learn as she gets older, guys might mention it or her friends at some stage..

I don't wear a lot of makeup, but I wouldn't be caught dead without it. My dad told me today that he was going to throw all of my makeup out. I literally had a panic attack. I simply cannot leave the house without it on because my self esteem is so low. As for the girl, I dunno, I wouldn't say anything, it may just make her feel worse, you know?

You could write her a polite note, unsigned, and slip it into one of her books or backpack or something...

That's what I did to get this girl in my art class to put on deodorant.

You could write her a polite note, unsigned, and slip it into one of her books or backpack or something...

No way, she will forever feel uncomfortable & always wonder who that letter was from. Never will she be able to have a normal interaction with anyone, because in the back of her mind she would think "I wonder if this is the person who thinks I cake on my makeup"

I say just let her be & she will get wiser with age (I used to be the same way)

I know alot how this feels. I used to wear way too much makeup. Kids used to laugh at me behind my back, and always comment on how much I wore. Honestly, i was uncomfortable either way. I knew i wore too much makeup, but i also knew my acne was really bad. I just felt like either way i was ugly, and either pimples were cacked on, or the makeup was. So i am sure she knows, and in time she will realize a better way to cover it up.

i used to be really close with some of my teachers and thats something im sure they woul tell me about with no problem. i understand you probably dont have that sort of relationship with her though.

This isn't really a question, just more of an observation. One of my high school students is a really pretty girl, but she is one of those people who has this THICK layer of makeup that doesn't seem to quite match her skin tone, and it makes her skin look very oily and accentuates the few blemishes she does have. When she walks into my office you can literally SMELL the makeup because she has so much on. I just have the urge to wipe all that stuff off her face for her!

I remember being that age and being self-conscious and wanting to hide every little imperfection and I wish I could tell her she really doesn't need to make herself up like that to be pretty :( But of course I can't say that to her, so instead I just hope she someday realizes it on her own..... *sigh*