Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
edm0621

help!! on regimen for 2 months,forehead breaking out terribly

about 2 months ago i started dan kerns regimen. i was having serious problems with cystic acne on my forehead. i wash my face morning and night with the regimen's gel and then apply a large amount of the regimen's benzoyl peroxide gel only on my forehead. during the day i would apply moisturizer and at night i would not. this was working pretty well until recently. my forehead has started to become very bad again, deep zits etc. i have really become depressed about this and i was wondering if i was doing anything wrong with the way i was using the regimen? if anyone has any sort of advice it would be appreciated, thank you.

I've been using the regimen for about a month and my skin seems to be getting worse. My forehead, cheeks and chin are just out of control. The red marks seem to be more pronounced :( It's been really rough on me, I'm trying to stay positive, but it's just really embarassing. Anyway, from what I've been told, your skin will get worse before it gets better. Anyone can feel free to correct me. I hope you start getting better results soon. I understand how difficult it is.

How often do you wash your hair?

Do you put any hair product on the hair?

How bout the pillow case?

about 2 months ago i started dan kerns regimen. i was having serious problems with cystic acne on my forehead. i wash my face morning and night with the regimen's gel and then apply a large amount of the regimen's benzoyl peroxide gel only on my forehead. during the day i would apply moisturizer and at night i would not. this was working pretty well until recently. my forehead has started to become very bad again, deep zits etc. i have really become depressed about this and i was wondering if i was doing anything wrong with the way i was using the regimen? if anyone has any sort of advice it would be appreciated, thank you.

You hair products may be a problem, or your hair style. Do you have long bangs, do you use moisturizing shampoo and/or conditioner on your bangs? You might consider using a clarifying shampoo, and don't use any other hair products on the front part of your hair. If you feel you need to use conditioner use it only on the ends of the back of your hair. If you need to wear hair gel on the front of your hair, some people have found that using aloe vera gel works very well and doesn't aggravate forehead acne. So, do take a look at your hair care products first.

Also, do you wear hats or helmets (a sport?). They can be a source of irritation to the forehead area.

Is there anything that is irritating your forehead regularly?

You hair products may be a problem, or your hair style. Do you have long bangs, do you use moisturizing shampoo and/or conditioner on your bangs? You might consider using a clarifying shampoo, and don't use any other hair products on the front part of your hair. If you feel you need to use conditioner use it only on the ends of the back of your hair. If you need to wear hair gel on the front of your hair, some people have found that using aloe vera gel works very well and doesn't aggravate forehead acne. So, do take a look at your hair care products first.

Also, do you wear hats or helmets (a sport?). They can be a source of irritation to the forehead area.

Is there anything that is irritating your forehead regularly?

the chlorine may be a factor, although swimming has never bothered me aside from my skin getting dry when I get out of the pool. Are you moisturizing when you get out?

Do you wear swim goggles? I've seen swimmers pull their goggles off their eyes and rest them on their forehead when they get out of the water, do you do that?

Also, if you are swimming everyday, the problem may be that the BP is being removed when you swim. When do you do your regimen and when do you swim?

the chlorine may be a factor, although swimming has never bothered me aside from my skin getting dry when I get out of the pool. Are you moisturizing when you get out?

Do you wear swim goggles? I've seen swimmers pull their goggles off their eyes and rest them on their forehead when they get out of the water, do you do that?

Also, if you are swimming everyday, the problem may be that the BP is being removed when you swim. When do you do your regimen and when do you swim?

yea, most of us do moisturize twice daily.

what products are you using? (cleanser, bp, moisturizer)

so i should moisturize at night? even though directions for regimen say not to?? i use the regimen cleanser and gel, i wash with cleanser in morning and then apply gel and moisturize. at night i do the same but do not moisturize.

The night time moisturizer is optional, but most of us find that we do better by moisturizing twice daily.

So, give it a try and see if it makes a difference for you.

Also, which moisturizer do you have?

yea, most of us do moisturize twice daily.

what products are you using? (cleanser, bp, moisturizer)

so i should moisturize at night? even though directions for regimen say not to?? i use the regimen cleanser and gel, i wash with cleanser in morning and then apply gel and moisturize. at night i do the same but do not moisturize.

This is exactly why I'm scared to start any new regimen...even the DKR.....I want to finally find something that clears my skin 100% (like everyone else), but I'm so afraid of having it get worse before it gets better....................

My forehead has been terrible for the past few months as well. I have not canged anything in the way i do the regimen, nor have i used any new products that i did before. I'va had to increase the amount i use on that area dramatically to keep i under control. Very strange.

I have been on teh regimen for 2 weeks to the day. I am experiencing a forehead breakout as well. I have hundreds, it seems like, little whiteheads sprouting up all over. They aren't inflamed exactly, just small, noticeable, and annoying. No idea what to do...

i dont use any products on my hair and usually wash it once a day. i try to change my pillow cases about every month.

i dont use any products on my hair and usually wash it once a day. i try to change my pillow cases about every month.

I haven't responded only because Brandy is all over it. If I had to recommend one thing, it's when in doubt, more BP. Being generous with BP is the core of the Regimen.