Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

Can B-Complex vitamins make you sick?

Hello :) Yesterday, I felt 10000% fine. I went out with friends.. stayed out until 4 and then stayed up until 7:30... all in this time, I felt GREAT. Then, I took my vitamins before I fell asleep, one being my B-complex vitamin, and I woke up less than 4 hours later feeling incredibly sick... I then was up on and off each hour feeling extremely nauseous. I figured it was probably the flu, but I kept burping (ish) up the taste all day of my B-Complex vitamin... so I was wondering if maybe that has something to do with it. I'm actually feeling a lot better now, (just a couple hours ago I was unable to even sit up/open my eyes without feeling like I was going to vomit) and I figured the flu wouldn't come and go that quick. Any thoughts?

Did you take it on an empty stomach?

I'm not sure about a b complex, but I've taken zinc on an empty stomach before and I've actually thrown up about an hour later, so your tale sounds completely plausible.

Iv'e been thru the same. One thing Ive learned is NEVER take vitamins on an empty stomach. Force yourself to eat something before hand. Food helps the vitamins absorb better anyways... nothings worse than that nauseated feeling..blaaaaaaa :X glad your feeling better.

Oooh I feel really dumb now :( lol Could the sickness have lasted for as long as it did from me taking those vitamins on an empty stomach (about 11 to 12 hours) or do you think it could be some type of flu instead?