Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SoAndSo

Should I go to a dermatologist?

Hi,

I was just wondering how many of you have had/are having success with what you were told to do from your dermatologist? I know it sounds like a stupid question, but Ive read so many stories of people who went to a derm and their skin didnt improve. I know thats always a possibility, but I just want to hear some GOOD stories about dermatologists. anyone?

Thanks!

i used to have cystic acne, was treated by a derm, and now, less than a year later, i am acne free. go for it.

I sometimes think that I could be a derm, that is how effective I think they are. All they do is spend 5 minutes with you, write you a topical & an oral prescription & see you back in 2-3 months--I have seen a derm for about 13 years. If that doesn’t work they will repeat the cycle forever, until you realize that they don't really know what will work on you until you have tried that actual medication.

It's trial & error. Not one derm can guarantee you a product will work on your skin.

It's not the same with other docs. I usually do my homework & go in to see them & tell them what I want, instead of them choosing the latest product.

id say go for it :)

iv been 4 times, and to be honest it IS trail and error, but thast the good thing about it, as you can finally get the correct solution for you :)

I think that the only thing a dermatologist is good for is to get Accutane. So only go to a dermatologist if you have severe acne. Otherwise, using over-the-counter products on a regimen like Dan Kern's should work well.

Go for it, I was nervous about going to a derm and getting accutane, but I'm glad I did now as my skin is starting to look better.

I can be a dermatologist too.

Oh you have a zit or two, here, some cleocinT or retinA, or some BP.

Oh your case is rather severe, Take some Accutane ASAP, let me do your blood tests right away.

Yeah it's worth going, to get the accutane like someone said :D