Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pippi36

Starting in 24 days!!!

I am a 36 year-old female and have, like all of you, been suffering for years. In preparation for the start of my treatment, I have been reading all these posts. I actually feel it is an obsession now! It is great to see that accutane works for so many of you. I pray it works for me. Because of the side effects I have been apprehensive about it. I guess I need the courage to do it. I want clear skin, so I guess I must try it. All else has failed for years. Anyone else about to start it? I would love to be able to walk through this with someone who is on the same time frame as me. I start on the 28th of this month. That feels like a life time.

i know exactly how u feel i started 3 days ago and im soo nervous about everything! and those people at ipledge and those side effects really scare you! but i want clear skin soo bad its worth it for me! i wish u luck with your accutane.

Hey Pippi36

Freedom put his hand up "me me, im starting the course soon" heheh yeh another acne forum buddy!!! i got to admit i have alot of experience and knowledge with this drug... i said it before and i say it again... its my 5th time!!! only the 1st 3-4 month is hell and after that is that a wish come true so you shouldnt be afraid.. i meant only a few months of pain, time flys right!! all the best!! have a nice day and smile!!

We can be Accutane buds. :) I'll be just two weeks ahead of you in my treatment, so it should tell you what's to come. I'm going to be on 40mg/day. What about you?

I am a 36 year-old female and have, like all of you, been suffering for years. In preparation for the start of my treatment, I have been reading all these posts. I actually feel it is an obsession now! It is great to see that accutane works for so many of you. I pray it works for me. Because of the side effects I have been apprehensive about it. I guess I need the courage to do it. I want clear skin, so I guess I must try it. All else has failed for years. Anyone else about to start it? I would love to be able to walk through this with someone who is on the same time frame as me. I start on the 28th of this month. That feels like a life time.

hello i am new here... i am having trouble posting i typed this whole long thing and then it just disappeared! I loved your post!

i am right there with you

i am 35 female suffer more than 20 years with acne to all varying degrees and have many scars to show for it. I go to the derm in two days to turn in i pledge book. will probably be taking that first dose by the end of this month also. I am not going to write much more i want to make sure this one posts first. I am also very scared to try accutane but at this point am scared not to.

We can be Accutane buds. :) I'll be just two weeks ahead of you in my treatment, so it should tell you what's to come. I'm going to be on 40mg/day. What about you?

i know exactly how u feel i started 3 days ago and im soo nervous about everything! and those people at ipledge and those side effects really scare you! but i want clear skin soo bad its worth it for me! i wish u luck with your accutane.

I'm about a week in, and these boards (when I found out I was starting it) helped a lot! I knew what to expect and such. I think there are a lot of things put into those books so that you really do know, and it's good to know that you may become blind, and it can help you see what to look out for but at the same time, you also need to realize these are very rare. Good luck!