So Cetaphil and Complex 15 ARE comedogenic

According to this link:

http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm#inglist

Cetaphil contains:

• Cetearyl Alcohol + Ceteareth 20

and

Complex 15 contains:

• Myristyl Myristate

both of these ingredients are apparently highly comedogenic.

So now I am clueless as to what to use as a moisturizer. I would use lac-hydrin 5 but since it contains AHA I cant use it during the day because of sun exposure.

even if they are comedogenic doesn't mean they'll cause acne. I use complex 15 every day, and I use A LOT, and it has NEVER caused me to break out.

It depends on the amount of the offending ingredient in there. I have yet to find a moisturizer that is 100% free of possibly comedogenic ingredients.

Dr. Fulton explained that while it's best to avoid comedogenic ingredients when possible, if an ingredient is way down on the ingredient list it may not be in a high enough concentration to cause a reaction.

So, the best test is to see how it does for your skin.

JOJOBA OIL contains myristic acid which is considered comodogenic and I put a crapload on my face but it doesnt break me out. I wonder why of these ingredients are considered comdogenic but dont clog pores?

I would use lac-hydrin 5 but since it contains AHA I cant use it during the day because of sun exposure.

It depends on the amount of the offending ingredient in there. I have yet to find a moisturizer that is 100% free of possibly comedogenic ingredients.

Dr. Fulton explained that while it's best to avoid comedogenic ingredients when possible, if an ingredient is way down on the ingredient list it may not be in a high enough concentration to cause a reaction.

So, the best test is to see how it does for your skin.

Cetaphil breaks me out! 1 that wipes off with a tissue. I beleive it clogs my pores up without a doubt. My face doesn't feel clean when using it, quite the opposite.

Cetaphil breaks me out! 1 that wipes off with a tissue. I beleive it clogs my pores up without a doubt. My face doesn't feel clean when using it, quite the opposite.

I use Cetaphil cream and it definitely doesn't break me out. I was having some breakouts using jojoba oil and some other things [i can't say for sure that it was the jojoba but it didn't help anything] and when I switched to Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream, my pimples went away.

That being said, I don't like using it in the day because it makes me shiny.

I use Cetaphil cream and it definitely doesn't break me out. I was having some breakouts using jojoba oil and some other things [i can't say for sure that it was the jojoba but it didn't help anything] and when I switched to Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream, my pimples went away.

That being said, I don't like using it in the day because it makes me shiny.