Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cliffrunner

How I cured my 5 years of awful acne!

From the 7th grade all the way through my first year in college I had awful acne. I didn't know what to do. I hated my face and even more I hated white light because I looked terrifying. I have a very light complection and very sensitive skin so anything I did seemed to make things red. I wanted to get close to girls, hang out with friends, etc and be comfrotable but with my acne all I wanted to do was hide under a rock. I was put on Accutane in my late junior year of highschool which killed my acne but when I got to college it all came back.

I didn't know what to do and with me getting older I didn't want to pass up excellent opportunities with friends and more importantly girls so I took things to the Lord. Whether any of you believe in God isn't the point. What is important is that I give credit to where it is deserved. God answered my prayer and I want to give Him the glory.

I was brought to a couple books that showed me some incredible things. The books are Dr. Mercola's Health Program(mercola.com is his website) and The Metabolic Typing Diet by Willian Wolcott and Trish Fahey. These books taught me about how the body works. When you take a look and all the people around the world everyone is completely different with the exception of maybe identical twins. This means that our internals bodies are also different. More importantly people function differently on different foods. For example if my roommate eats bananas and his body functions fine on it then that doesn't necessarily mean the I'm going to function good on bananas. Or just b/c if some expert recommends a certain food that doesn't mean that that certain food will be healthy for you. Everybodies body works different on the inside and we all require different fuel. I know my examples might not be the best and so thats why you have to get these books so you can understand what I'm talking about.

Anyways when I started to eat the food that was naturally designed for my body my acne dissappeared instantly! I had large pores and the puss from those pores dryed up and started falling out from my face. I would skim my finger across my cheeks and stuff would be falling out like crazy. I had to exfoliate nearly everyday b/c my body kept rebuking the puss in those pores. I didn't get acne on my face anymore it just became more clearer and clearer (I noticed all this within the first week!). In addition, I don't use any chemicals and I don't even wash my face! My body is also functioning at a much higher level than it ever has... I don't have headaches anymore, my cuts and bruises heal much faster, I have more energy and my strength has increased tremendously! When you start eating the food that is naturally designed for you body magical things start to happen.

Although I had to cut out grains, sugar, most fruits, certain vegatables, and limited my diary consumption, it has all been worth it! I just went out on a date this week and I'm looking forward to another one with a different girl! In truth, not everyone of you will have to go through to extremes that I have had to go to but if any of you are constantly struggling with different chemicals and nothing seems to be working like me then you may have to make similar changes in your diet. This method isn't for everyone, it is a challenge to keep it up and it can be difficult at first to find the right food for you. However, if any of you are willing to make changes in your diet I guarantee you will notice I huge change in your acne! Remember when you eat the right foods for your body the quality of your life will go up too!

I know this is pretty limited so if any of you have questions about anything in general my email is [email protected] Also if anyone wants to hear about how God interviened and saved my life before I was going to die just ask I will be glad to tell you. But keep in mind I am a college student right now with plenty of other things to keep me busy so I will try to reply as soon as I can. I hope this all helps and I hope you get clear skin so you can bag that guy or girl you always wanted. Take care!

Good luck eating like this for the REST OF YOUR LIFE.

Way to be positive. :rolleyes:

Congratulations, Cliffrunner. I found this type of diet to be the key for me too. And that was AFTER I did liver, bowel and candida cleansing.

haha Im not willing to give up my mcdonalds/pizza hut, I'll let accutane do the job

Thanks for the reply! I'm really happy that you found success in making changes to your diet according to your metabolic type. I'm just trying to get the word out cause this helped so much and has completely changed my life. Thanks for the post. Btw what kind of monsters did you have on your face that it required bowel cleansing!...lol I wish you the best though!

I still dont get why grains are so TABOO! I know that we didnt start eating grains that long ago.. or whatever the theory is... but dont you think that when people started eating grains and if they are just SO AWFUL for us to eat, that people would have been in like extreme pain or dying of weird diseases... they would have stopped eating grains if this happened... but did they? Noooo... I just dont get it. BUt anyway congrats on getting clear :) I'm happy for you... I could never do this diet though I would shrivel away to nothing.

I still dont get why grains are so TABOO! I know that we didnt start eating grains that long ago.. or whatever the theory is... but dont you think that when people started eating grains and if they are just SO AWFUL for us to eat, that people would have been in like extreme pain or dying of weird diseases... they would have stopped eating grains if this happened... but did they? Noooo... I just dont get it. BUt anyway congrats on getting clear :) I'm happy for you... I could never do this diet though I would shrivel away to nothing.

Grains are fine in moderation. The problem is that the food pyramid has fooled us into believing we all need 6 to 11 servings of grains or bread to be healthy, whcih is not the case at all. Grains are great if you are using them, but can be less helpful if we are sendentary. If you are very active then grains will be fine for the majority of people. Just be midful of how you eat the grains. No one needs to eat a giant plate of pasta at 6 pm when all they will be doing for the rest of the night is watching Grey's Anatomy. Although I have heard this is a truly riveting show, no one needs a ton of carbs to power themselves through this etertainment tour de force. Be smart. You probably don't need grains morning, afternoon and night. Eat them around physical activity and more towards the beginning of the day when you are more likely to utilizse the energy the carbs could yield.

Congrats on your success with metabolic typing. In my opinion, metabolic typing is the only dietary system that accurately describes what is going on with the interaction between food and people's bodies. Everything else is really just a shot in the dark compared to metabolic typing.

Cliffrunner, congrats also. I find it interesting that you have found relief on your diet. I would like to know if you take any supplements also. I had bad skin as a kid, my

sons now have varying degrees of acne. I have been trying to help them eat better, and I think zinc/copper balance is involved in our family's acne. I think taking zinc

helps, I also think that eating too many grains is problematic. My oldest son spent a year or so eating vegan, his skin was at it's worst. I think the Paleo diet works for some

cause it gets rid of the grains, helps get zinc into the body again from the lean meats, etc. Similar to the diets you have found success with. Would love to hear more about

your answer to prayer. Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Cliffrunner, congrats also. I find it interesting that you have found relief on your diet. I would like to know if you take any supplements also. I had bad skin as a kid, my

sons now have varying degrees of acne. I have been trying to help them eat better, and I think zinc/copper balance is involved in our family's acne. I think taking zinc

helps, I also think that eating too many grains is problematic. My oldest son spent a year or so eating vegan, his skin was at it's worst. I think the Paleo diet works for some

cause it gets rid of the grains, helps get zinc into the body again from the lean meats, etc. Similar to the diets you have found success with. Would love to hear more about

your answer to prayer. Thanks for sharing your experiences!

if anyone wants to hear about how God interviened and saved my life before I was going to die just ask I will be glad to tell you.