Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

im 13 and i have acne (duh...kinda why im here,lol). My mom says its not bad,but i think its horriable! Horriable to the point where im crying at night,begging and pleading to my mom to let me stay home from school,refusing to get makeovers from friends,and cringes at the thought of going to the pool. My acne is changing my whole life.

ive tried almost every cleanser on the the shelf,but nothing has worked. My derm. put me on Differin (made my face worse) and cetaphil (burned the living hell outta my face)

im serious when i say "nothing works"

AND to make everything worse,only about 5% of the kids in my grade have acne! So i'm surrounded my flawless faces :(

anything to make me feel better would be wonderful :cry:

Im sorry for your pain catrat, and i know the feeling of going through tons of medication and nothing working. it sounds like you havent been on any antibiotics or have you? normally you can go through antibiotics before you can get accutane. i would suggest speaking to your mom about how you feeling and how its affecting your life, i mean you so young and should be out having fun. get another derm appointment and tell him that what he's given you isn't working and then he'l probably put you on a harder drug. what is your regime right now? be strong it will get better i promise

Hi Catrat

A lot of us have been through this at your age. I started getting acne when I was 11. If I was you I would go through all the forums here espicially the Diet/Holistic forums. THat is what made my acne mild, changing my diet and using natural things on my face and not cleansers. I received all those cleansers as well that burned me. Don't be afraid to try new things and tell your derm what isn't working everyone is different. Things got better for me when I quit the derm. DOn't be afraid to post as well. 99% of us are here to help.

Have you tried benzoyl peroxide? I've struggled with acne since I was 13 & it's the only thing to keep it under control. I recommend giving DKR a shot. There's several other gentle cleansers you could use besides Cetaphil if you dont like it, although this is the first time I've heard about it burning...Otherwise go back to the derm let him know what he's prescribed you doesnt work. Write a list of everything you've ever tried that failed so he can get a better idea of what to do next.

Anything and everything can burn your face or cause stinging if it's irritated or stripped. Don't overwash and don't use products that are too harsh.

I started getting acne in 7th grade. It's definitely not fun, but you can't let it get you down. There will be tons of people that get acne in your grade sooner or later.

Im sorry for your pain catrat, and i know the feeling of going through tons of medication and nothing working. it sounds like you havent been on any antibiotics or have you? normally you can go through antibiotics before you can get accutane. i would suggest speaking to your mom about how you feeling and how its affecting your life, i mean you so young and should be out having fun. get another derm appointment and tell him that what he's given you isn't working and then he'l probably put you on a harder drug. what is your regime right now? be strong it will get better i promise

Your acne is entirely my fault. Place all blame on me. Hope that helps. :)

how long have you been using differin, it may make you break out more at first. it can take several months to see full results.

im 13 and i have acne (duh...kinda why im here,lol). My mom says its not bad,but i think its horriable! Horriable to the point where im crying at night,begging and pleading to my mom to let me stay home from school,refusing to get makeovers from friends,and cringes at the thought of going to the pool. My acne is changing my whole life.

ive tried almost every cleanser on the the shelf,but nothing has worked. My derm. put me on Differin (made my face worse) and cetaphil (burned the living hell outta my face)

im serious when i say "nothing works"

AND to make everything worse,only about 5% of the kids in my grade have acne! So i'm surrounded my flawless faces :(

I know how you feel. Acne is a struggle but keep going with the products, you wil eventually get to go on antbiotics or even accutane. There is something that will work for you. Remeber, acne isn't a sprint it's a marathon, eventually you will reach the end.

awww hun don't feel bad. My younger sister is about your age and she just got acne too about 5 months ago. Our family doctor put her on some cream (ah i can't remember the name) and her skin is pretty clear now. I think it's like a 2 step thing where you put the cream on at night and then some other lotion inthe morning. I'll ask her for you.