Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcneNinja

Adult Minocycline/Dynacin Users

I wanted to know for those of you who have suffered from acne since teen/college all the way to these adult years how long have u guys used minocycline/dynacin for? And if u did use it for a long time if u experienced discoloration of skin on leg perhaps like bruise/purplish lookin marks? I read the faq and other sources saying if u use antibiotics for a long period of time it won't work anymore? Is that really the case? if so I give up on the battle. I posted my story in the prescription section and I don't think anybody really goes that section at all mostly people visit the scars section and the adult section so I'm hoping 2 hear from somebody who has simliar experience to me thanks.

I wanted to know for those of you who have suffered from acne since teen/college all the way to these adult years how long have u guys used minocycline/dynacin for? And if u did use it for a long time if u experienced discoloration of skin on leg perhaps like bruise/purplish lookin marks? I read the faq and other sources saying if u use antibiotics for a long period of time it won't work anymore? Is that really the case? if so I give up on the battle. I posted my story in the prescription section and I don't think anybody really goes that section at all mostly people visit the scars section and the adult section so I'm hoping 2 hear from somebody who has simliar experience to me thanks.

Hi, I read your story in the prescription section. I was on minocycline and Duac (a topical benzoyl peroxide/antibiotic gel) for around 3 years, and decided to try going off of it because I was scared of getting discoloration on my skin.

My face has stayed pretty clear (I still put Duac on it, which is helping I think). My chest and back have broken out (I don't put duac there, but probably will start).

Honestly I don't think the Mino was doing all that much. If you'd been taking it for that long, you were almost certainly immune to it. I would consider accutane if it is still bad, otherwise try various topicals. I don't think antibiotics work well for more than a year at a time, and they give you nasty diarrhea.