Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been on the DKR for months and my skin's improved a lot.

However, I recently broke out with a large pimple on my cheek.

I've been spot treating it with the 10% PanOxyl BP I use on my body acne and icing it for the past couple of days, but that doesn't seem to be doing much.

I was also bad and squeezed it because it looked ready and some pus came out.

Currently it looks somewhat like a papule, however it is red because I squeezed it which broke the skin.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should be doing in addition to the 10% BP and icing to help heal this zit?

I'd really like it to at least be flat, not a bump by Friday, so I can easily cover it up.

Thanks!

Load 100% aloe vera on it each and every night. Also, using a masque like Queen Helene Mint Julep masque really helps shrink pimples. Both are great ways to spot treat pimples that are fairly large.

I had a decent sized pimple on my forehead and I just let it be. I continued the regimen, and I added a little more BP to the pimple, and other than that, I didn't bother too much about it. I had it for about a week and then it just went away. If I had fucked with it by poking it, touching it, etc., I'm positively sure it would have gotten much worse.

Yeah I say LEAVE IT ALONE. Dont pick at it or put a bunch of irritating stuff that will dry it out & make it scab over & hard to cover up. Since you've popped it already, to prevent re-infection I do reccomend dabbing a tiny bit of Neosporin, which will help it heal a bit faster too. BP doesnt do that much to speed up the healing of a zit, it's better for prevention, IMO.

i wouldnt put more BP on it, that slows down the healing process. Maybe some neosporin, but your best option is just taying away from it at this point.

I got one over this weekend too, but not exactly on my cheek. It's more near my eye, like an inch down. I picked at it and the bump went down, but it looks like a soft scab now. I'm the same way as you, I just can't bear to have the pain of large pimples on my face. Feels really disgusting. I'm not going to bother with it, bu not using spot treatments because for me, that seems to be the best option. Leave it be and let it heal on it's own, and don't try that area out.

I had one on my cheek too. I picked at it. It became huge. Now its a huge red spot. I wish I would have never even touched it, probably wouldn't have become enormous. I have got to stop picking!!