Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sc4r3d

Di-Chromatic Light Red and Infared Heat

I was currious if anyone tried the Di-Chromatic lights red and blue and how well they work. I also noticed they sell Infared but they told me they are Heat lamps at this sight:

http://www.bulbman.com/index.php?main_page...roducts_id=7380.

Sci Art is discontinuing the Di-Chromtic bulbs and going with the newer LED bulbs:

http://www.sci-art-global.com/acne/index.htm

Anyhow I would think the warmer bulb woudl work a bit faster wouldn't it? THe DI-CHromatic is 150 watts. They claim the LED is very intense but I don't think it can compare to a red or blue Di-chromtic intensity?

Anyhow can anyoen comment on the new LED vs the Di-Chromtic and how do you feel about the Infared Bulbs? Here is the link to the Infared Heat lamps. But the way the LED handpieces you see have both red and infared Leds. so Infared LEDs work then why would not the Infared LED Bulb?

http://www.bulbman.com/index.php?main_page...&cPath=8434

Guest ~Wolfy~
Anyhow can anyoen comment on the new LED vs the Di-Chromtic

LEDs are more efficient because they only produce light at one wavelength (although they're only about 15% efficient at doing that.) So the fluorescents need more power, because they radiate at lots of other useless frequencies, they take more power than the LEDs. LEDs are also less fragile, more portable and have a longer life.

However, the LEDs tend to be more expensive per cm^2 of skin treated, but if SCI/Art can get some LED arrays inexpensively produced that would be ideal; particularly if they plug into standard light sockets.

(Update: looks like they're selling them.)

Anyhow can anyoen comment on the new LED vs the Di-Chromtic

LEDs are more efficient because they only produce light at one wavelength (although they're only about 15% efficient at doing that.) So the fluorescents need more power, because they radiate at lots of other useless frequencies, they take more power than the LEDs. LEDs are also less fragile, more portable and have a longer life.

However, the LEDs tend to be more expensive per cm^2 of skin treated, but if SCI/Art can get some LED arrays inexpensively produced that would be ideal; particularly if they plug into standard light sockets.

(Update: looks like they're selling them.)

Ya I bought the red one and its seems to work nicely, plumps up the face but I also think the heat help to circulate the blood in my face to give it a better look as well. Thats why I am intersted in the Di-Chromatic ones as well.