Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AnaBanana

Need your vote on foundation

Hi,

Help!! I'm new to this site and am hoping to get some feedback. I'm in search of a new foundation because I don't know what to use that'll be 1) good for my acne-prone skin (won't cause more breakouts/make me oilier) and 2) will last throughout the day and coverup my acne and scars (i have cystic acne that flares up often and left dark red scars on my cheeks and jawline). I also want one that is easy to apply. After reading many of your posts, I've narrowed it down to these 4 foundations:

Estee Lauder - Maximum Cover

philosophy - Supernatural

Lancome Teint Idole Ultra

benefit - Play Sticks

To be honest, I'm leaning more towards Philosophy and Benefit only because it seems that they'll be really easy to apply. I hope to hear from you with any comments to help me in making my decision.

Thanks,

Ana

Hi,

Help!! I'm new to this site and am hoping to get some feedback. I'm in search of a new foundation because I don't know what to use that'll be 1) good for my acne-prone skin (won't cause more breakouts/make me oilier) and 2) will last throughout the day and coverup my acne and scars (i have cystic acne that flares up often and left dark red scars on my cheeks and jawline). I also want one that is easy to apply. After reading many of your posts, I've narrowed it down to these 4 foundations:

benefit - Play Sticks

To be honest, I'm leaning more towards Philosophy and Benefit only because it seems that they'll be really easy to apply. I hope to hear from you with any comments to help me in making my decision.

Thanks,

Ana

Oh please try Illuminare. Liquid mineral make-up (powder nevewr looks natural imo). Try the Extra Coverage/Concealer formula. Doesn't budge till you wash. Mix with oil-free moisturizer for easier spreadability(spreads as easy as anything else like this) as a foundation or try using a foundation brush. Dab on as is for unbeatable concealer coverage. No pore-clogging and the zinc is excellent for healing. Search Illuminare on the web.

Thanks for all the feedback. I appreciate the mineral powder suggestions but I actually want something that's easily accessible, i dont wanna hafta order them and recieve them via mail. More so because I'd like to actually be able to try them on and get a good match to my skin.

Also, I will cross the Lancome one off the list because I def do not want to be oilier. Thanks again!

Cross Estee Lauder of your list as well. I bought that crap for at least 5 years..All the while wondering "why do I keep getting cysts?"

Soon as I switch to mineral makeup..No more cysts..Hmmmm? I wonder why? Actually my skin has improved at least 90% since I stopped using Estee Lauder.

I second Revlon Colorstay or a GOOD MMU like Aubrey Nicole or Signature.

Mark the Philosophy Supernatural MMU off your list. I tried it. Coverage is minimal at best - I never could get it to cover my red scars. Annoyingly, it slipped around on my face during the day and ended up settling into every crease and crevice it could find. When I looked in the mirror that evening, I had nice white frown lines full of makeup. It was horrid. I gave the bottle away the next day.

Thanks for all the feedback. I appreciate the mineral powder suggestions but I actually want something that's easily accessible, i dont wanna hafta order them and recieve them via mail. More so because I'd like to actually be able to try them on and get a good match to my skin.

Also, I will cross the Lancome one off the list because I def do not want to be oilier. Thanks again!

i guess, most of what i've narrowed down to is now crossed off. i'm left with benefit play sticks. we'll see if i end up trying it. i wasn't able to go to the department store this weekend and because i needed something i ended up getting L'oreal QuickStick Long Wearing Foundation with SPF 14. so far, so good! it's given me good coverage and it really stays put all day without feeling heavy or getting cakey. let's cross our fingers and hope it wont break me out. i've already worn it twice and havent noticed any new cysts. and also, i havent noticed any skin irritation. my face still gets itchy but i think that's because i'm so self-concsious that i use my hair to try and cover my face (i know, i know...not good for the acne) which ends up making my face itchy. i will def keep y'all posted. thanks again, everybody for all your feed back! and sephora, if this foundation ends up on my "been there, done that" list, i will def try revlon colorstay.

hmmm :think:

Hi there~ I am new to the boards. Have you ever tried Clinique's Clarifying makeup? It is one of my favorite foundations and I have tried them all---from super high end to drugstore varities.

I have an order coming from Illuminaire and can't wait to try it! I love liquid/cream forms, but not the oily skin they usually cause. So, I hope the illuminaire works for me :)

Glad to hear the L'oreal stick is working!

try it try it try it! All three versions! And the concealer too! Smell its colorstay goodness and feel its silkiness longlasting powers bring you to the brink of orgasm. :ninja:

Smell its colorstay goodness and feel its silkiness longlasting powers bring you to the brink of orgasm

:lol: LMAO!!!! :lol: Did you every try the Maybelline Superstay Silky?

try it try it try it! All three versions! And the concealer too! Smell its colorstay goodness and feel its silkiness longlasting powers bring you to the brink of orgasm. :ninja:

Honestly, I really like the Dermablend.

It IS very expensive, but you only need the tiniest of amounts and it covers like nothing else. It's safe enough for burn victims to use, and trust me I've got the worst skin out there when it comes to makeup and it didn't make me break out.

I used to use Studio F/X by MAC, but it never stayed put. Dermablend does. Well worth the price, IMHO. :)

Honestly, I really like the Dermablend.

It IS very expensive, but you only need the tiniest of amounts and it covers like nothing else. It's safe enough for burn victims to use, and trust me I've got the worst skin out there when it comes to makeup and it didn't make me break out.

I used to use Studio F/X by MAC, but it never stayed put. Dermablend does. Well worth the price, IMHO. :)

Hi,

benefit - Play Sticks

Thanks,

Ana