Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, this is my first post on this forum. I just turned 30 and I have had acne since age 13. It is not getting better as I age.

I am a female and I'm married. I have been with Dh since we were 19 and he doesn't care about my acne. I have tried just about everything out there except accutane to fix it. I have diabetes, so the Dr. won't RX accutane.

For a hobby, I make my own soaps, lotions, and mineral makeup. If anyone wants to know how to do it, let me know. I have made soap for 7 years and tried all ingredients and essentail oils, nothing has really helped, but it is fun to do.

Right now, I only have a few pimples and red marks on my face, but I get them bad on my back and chest.

Well, it is nice to meet you all and I look forward to this forum. Acne has been so depressing for me. I hate it.

Welcome to acne.org! That does sound like fun, making soaps. Maybe you will learn how to make Goats Milk Soap and that will help with your acne. Lots of people on this site are using GMS and they love it

yes, it is called type 1 now.

i still treat myself ocassionally.

i take 4 insulin shots a day to counteract what i eat.

why do you think you will end up with diabetes?

hi and welcome to acne.org!

i hope you learn a lot from this place..reading all the information was great for me..my acne is pretty much gone. I have a good regimen I'll Pm to you if you're interested.

Hi and Welcome :dance:

the soap thing sounds like fun, please tell me how you do it... i need to get a hobby

post back, email or msg me

thanks

Guest T-Virus
I have type 1 diabetes and have been on accutane 4 times. Maybe try another doctor?

Is type one diabetes the same as Juvenile Diabetes? I have a hard time saying no to sweets. I bet one day I will end up with diabetes

yes, it is called type 1 now.

i still treat myself ocassionally.

i take 4 insulin shots a day to counteract what i eat.

why do you think you will end up with diabetes?

Hi and thanks for all the replies. It is so refreshing to hear from soemone else with type 1 on accutane. I am going to talk to my doc again.

As far as making soap goes, I do make goat's milk soap and tons of other stuff with essentail oils and the like. The prodcuts feel great, but not much help w/acne. I get some of the deep rooted cysts.

If anyone wants to make soap, sheck out this site for supplies and recipes. http://www.thesage.com/

or

http://www.millersoap.com/