Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bfrey

Topical Stuff to Use with Accutane

I've just started taking Accutane, and I've gotten all sorts of different hints from people about what creams/soaps/all that jazz to use along with it.

Right now I use a Vitamin A soap, and I've heard people say not to use anything with Vitamin A, is that a big deal? In the morning and at night I use a Neutrogena vitamin acne cream...thing, it has Vitamin A and D I believe (and salicylic acid), is that a big deal either?

Thanks

I've just started taking Accutane, and I've gotten all sorts of different hints from people about what creams/soaps/all that jazz to use along with it.

Right now I use a Vitamin A soap, and I've heard people say not to use anything with Vitamin A, is that a big deal? In the morning and at night I use a Neutrogena vitamin acne cream...thing, it has Vitamin A and D I believe (and salicylic acid), is that a big deal either?

Thanks

get a gentle face wash--cetaphil is pretty good.

for moisturizer, use oil of olay with SPF during the day, and cetaphil (the kind without SPF, the kind in the big bottle) at night.

but aquaphor for use on your nose and lips.

make sure you have a lot of chapstick.

get a moisturizing shampoo/conditioner--your hair will get very dry. putting a few drops of jojoba oil into your conditioner in the palm of your hand does wonders.