Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blonde-x-with-x-brains

exercise/foods to improve acne

What foods and exercises have helped you? and how long have you been on them?

i'm coming off tane now after having been on it for about a year! and laready im getting my spots back. soon i may not be able to see through them... scary to think.

so if you kind people are reading this. please tell me your tricks.... i can't go back to a high school that bullies the shit out of me for being a 'crater face', 'pizza', 'volcano' etc.... :(

write back xxx

LOTS of fruits and vegetables.

Cardio, at least 3 times a week, more if possible. 6 is ideal.

30 minutes per session, make it intense enough where you are stuggling, but also comfortable.

Wash with no harsh products that have BP or SA in it. They will reek havok on your face and you'll think it's something else.

Exfoliate gently daily, because your skin needs to be clear for you to be able to put moisturizer on it

Apply aloe vera gel and a bit of cetaphil

Use oil absorbing strips through the day, if you get oily

And take omega 3 supplements, a multi vitamin :)

get rid of omega 6 dense foods

I think that's all.

Cutting back on simple carbs and eating good protein, fruit, veggies, nuts, eggs, etc., along with some supplements cleared my skin. I walk, but I've always walked.

But, I'm 41. I don't think diet is enough to cure a teen. I think you should try several supplements. Take things to help balance hormones, process glucose, block DHT, etc. Fish oil, Zinc, Saw Palmetto, Nettle leaf, green tea, fiber supplements, a good multi.

On healthboard.com, a woman posted that Nettle leaf capsules cured her teen son.

HIIT is what I will always recommend because it's the best cardio you can do. If you can't do stairs, sprint. If you're joints can't take sprinting, speed rope, if you can't speed rope or don't want to learn to do it fast enough then swim.

The secret is to alternate moderate intensity with high intensity. On and off. 30 seconds of jogging followed by 30 seconds of sprinting. 30 seconds of freestyle followed by 30 seconds of as fast as you can go butterfly. Do this without stopping for maybe 5 minutes. That means you alternate moderate to high intensity back and forth 10 times. Every few days or week add in an extra 30 second set of both. Go until you can do 15 minutes and those 15 minutes will be far more beneficial than an hour of any moderate exercise.

If exercise is the answer then this is the best thing to do(cardio wise).

I don't think that exercise alone will help with your acne. As one poster suggested, you probably need to look at a combination of things. Diet, exercise, skin regimen. If your in high school, as you stated, you are still young enough that your problems may stem from over production of sebum based on hormone changes. In other words, as you get older, some of that may decrease and help your condition. However, since you were on Accutane, your condition might be different.

Without giving you specific recommendations as others have, here are some general guidelines:

1. Skin regimen: Don't use too many products. They may contribute to irritiation. Gentle wash 1-2 times a day.

2. Eat clean: Avoid sugars and other "bad for you" foods. Eat fruits, vegetables as much as you can. Read the diet/holistic threads here for more tips that might help you. You won't need supplements if you are getting the right nutrition from eating correct. I eat pretty poorly, so I take a multivitamin and other supplements.

3. Exercise. Good suggestions about cardio in this thread already. Swimming is great!

Good luck!!

I usually lift weights every day. Eat a lot of protein, (Eggs, Black Beans, Chicken, Fish) Don't eat anything fried. Drink a shit load of water if you sweat a lot, That way you clean you skin with your own sweat. If you don't drink enough water when you sweat a lot, it can be a disastrous. Eat a lot of juicy fruits. Get your fiber, Rice and Beans, whole wheat have a lots of fiber. Wait at least one hour after you eat, so that your body can digest the food before you work out.

Any type of exercise that gets your heart rate up is good. Sports, swimming, weights. They will all help your blood circulation.

You won't need supplements if you are getting the right nutrition from eating correct. I eat pretty poorly, so I take a multivitamin and other supplements.

You won't need supplements if you are getting the right nutrition from eating correct. I eat pretty poorly, so I take a multivitamin and other supplements.

The supplements I mentioned weren't about nutrition, they were about hormones. And the fiber supplements help when you don't do the ultra strict diets people are so afraid of. And you should try eating right and take the supplements. It is very difficult to get enough of all necessary nutrients from diet alone, much less at therapeutic levels.

Guest Aloetta

I had many acne issues when younger -

Use to go to the gym and sweat it out but not for ACNE just to keep fit... - Exercise is Great! - Just don't over do it... no need to (?) :shrug:

Sometimes over-exerting excercise provoks the erruptions...(it's not necessary) YOGA works just as well to DETOX the body... :dance:

As getting older has taught me proper CLEANSING .... "MAJOR"... roll for the curative measures.. Excerise :arrow: - Walking around the block is actually better - you take in oxygen which KILLS BACTERIA... (especially after a RAINY DAY)...Try it - see how your skin feels :shifty:

I have had many acne issues, from eating sugars, greasy foods, spicy food REACTIONS.

At times I would just break-out regardless,couldn't understand WHY :think: .

In the past (70's + 80's) I seeked DERMS but none have helped me. Were'nt as advanced as today in DOCTORS nor MEDICINES :excl:

After tons of TOPICAL Brand names & Medicinal Agents as well as Commercialized on my face - NOTHN HAS HELPED me...

I had come to know my SKIN TYPE (OILY)..because also there was a HORMONAL IMBALANCE w/ me which triggered erruptions on my face, it wasn't easy doing it all on my OWN...

After many Facials, Antiseptics/TONERS I finally discovered "MY" Cure....

TONERS /ANTISEPTIC (UNALCOHOLIC). = KILLS BACTERIA

Exfoliations ( I use PURE COCONUT MILK-inwhich contains LACTIC ACID). =Cleanses Epidermal layers from RESIDUE's & OILS.

Water = whenever your thirsty, Cleanses/Detox the immue system

EO'S (ESSENTIAL OIL's) , for major erruptions, applied at NITE...

Sparingly using DERMA-WAND to Tighten pores after Facial.

Some Herbal or Veggie Remedies such as FLAX SEED OIL... ZINC.. or REQUIRED VITAMINS A, & E's (MULTI) avoiding IODINE's or (LESS INTAKE)from seafoods, or salty foods...

Collards - (JUICING)... Cabbage is great for Acne Sufferers, WATERCRESS, BEETS...

**Garlic applied TOPICALLY acts as an Antiseptic (AT NITE to ZIT) or ONION JUICE... the list goes on from MINT TEA, CAMMOMILE LOTION, Basil, Tummeric, SANDELWOOD SALVE, SAGE WATER, Orange, Grapefruit, Lime, Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Lemon..WATERCRESS..... ETC..

Today I have GREAT SKIN :whistle: and don't need harsh cleansers :snooty: , creams :snooty: nor lotions. :snooty: .. and have been cleared of Acne for many years...

I hope this has helped somewhat... :surprised: