Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skeeter

I have a Staph infection!

How did i get so lucky?!? I have a staph infection on my finger and have to go on antibiotics. Even though i'm taking trimeth/sulfa, should i contact my derm to let her know what's going on?

yes. it shouldn't really be necessary but just do it incase. i assume you told the doctor who gave you the bactrim that you were on accutane anyway right?

I had a sinus infection while on accutane, and went on antibiotics without telling my derm. as long as they aren't tetracycline antibiotics they should be fine to use with accutane. and as an added bonus they should help your acne clear up faster.

I'm confused, are you currently taking accutane or antibiotics for your acne right now? Is the trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole for your acne or the staph infection?

I'm confused, are you currently taking accutane or antibiotics for your acne right now? Is the trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole for your acne or the staph infection?

nvm. i misread your post i thought you were on accutane. yes call your derm.

OK gotcha. The first post made it sound that you were not on Accutane.

I agree...there is no known interaction, although whoever prescribed the SMZ/TMP should have been made aware that you are on Accutane.