Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NdnRomeo

Products to prevent the effects of DHT! I'm finding some

Let's face it, you eat right, take your efa's, exercise, wash right, you're very careful... and yet we still get acne.

Mostly because we have excess oil being produced. We can always change the texture of oil by taking efa's, lessen it a bit, but we can never stop excess oil from being produced to the point where it clogs our skin, or we just wouldn't be here trying to find answers to having clear skin forever!

So let's just think about it scientifically and logically,

As said by many people, hormones are the cause of our acne. Now what does that mean? Hormones produce excess oil, mostly from DHT, which is the hormonal byproduct that actually initiates the formation of oil to form in the first place, by stimulating oil glands.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/5/prweb379618.htm

Acne begins when a naturally occurring hormonal byproduct, dihydro-testosterone or simply DHT, stimulates the sebaceous (oil) gland to produce excess sebum (oil). It is this excess oil that traps bacteria and skin cells and sets the stage for acne. Dr. Khadavi’s research led to the development of Clearogen, the first “Anti-DHT Acne Treatment,†that addresses acne in a more comprehensive way. It works topically, at the level of the skin, without altering the hormonal balance inside the body. It helps inhibit the conversion of testosterone to DHT and helps block DHT from binding to receptors on the sebaceous gland. In doing so, it reduces excess oil secretion and promotes the healthy production of sebum (oil) that the skin needs to moisturize and protect itself.

I've noticed many hair care products for people who are going bald use products that are anti-DHT to stop people from having hair loss.

I wonder if applied to our skin, it should have the same effects on oil production, since it's an anti-DHT product

For example

http://www.proanagen.com/

"is a potent natural topical solution that blocks DHT production"

I'll look for more

Saw Palmetto also seems to stop testosterone from forming into DHT

1. Increased androgen/sebum secretion:

Cutaneous androgen metabolism can be modulated by plant extracts. A higher level of activity of type 1 5-alpha-reductases is found in the sebaceous glands compared to whole skin or non-acne prone areas of facial skin (2). Extracts of Serenoa repens (saw palmetto) extracts are well-known inhibitors of both type 1 and type 2 5-alpha-reductases.

Excess testosterone can lead to excess sebum production, which can lead to acne, hair loss, and male prostate problems.

Im on generic propecia and trust me it doesnt get any cheaper and the cost isn't an issue! the ingredient in propecia is 1mg finasteride which blocks dht. buying propecia can run $75 a month! well i found a cheap, legit, reliable overseas pharmacy that sells generic fin and you dont need a perscription. i found this site at a hairloss forum where almost everyone on their buys from there... the pills come in 5mg tablets, 30 pills for $20 something, but since you only need 1mg a day you cut them into fiths, so thats about a 4 months supply for $20 something!. by the way, the website is www.inhousepharmacy.com and the generics are called Fincar, they have many other propecia generics on that site but the Fincar are the cheapest, but they all contain the same ingredient.

Im on generic propecia and trust me it doesnt get any cheaper and the cost isn't an issue! the ingredient in propecia is 1mg finasteride which blocks dht. buying propecia can run $75 a month! well i found a cheap, legit, reliable overseas pharmacy that sells generic fin and you dont need a perscription. i found this site at a hairloss forum where almost everyone on their buys from there... the pills come in 5mg tablets, 30 pills for $20 something, but since you only need 1mg a day you cut them into fiths, so thats about a 4 months supply for $20 something!. by the way, the website is www.inhousepharmacy.com and the generics are called Fincar, they have many other propecia generics on that site but the Fincar are the cheapest, but they all contain the same ingredient.

If you want to regulate dht, saw palmeto extract and zinc could also work.

If you want to regulate dht, saw palmeto extract and zinc could also work.

Thank you for the contribution, great idea.

I have a question, if you prevent dht, will that prevent muscle growth as well?

Decreasing DHT may increase testostorone, but weather it increases or decreases studies on finasteride show that the change is only up to a 10% change, so nothing noticeable as to muscle gains or losses will be prevalant.

Decreasing DHT may increase testostorone, but weather it increases or decreases studies on finasteride show that the change is only up to a 10% change, so nothing noticeable as to muscle gains or losses will be prevalant.

A decrease of 10% DHT would need somewhere around a 30% increase in test to balance out. Your point is well taken but regardless, having less anabolic hormones will result in lower performance and/or muscle mass. If its a 5, 10 or 15 percent decrease its 5, 10 or 15 more than what im willing to spare.

A decrease of 10% DHT would need somewhere around a 30% increase in test to balance out. Your point is well taken but regardless, having less anabolic hormones will result in lower performance and/or muscle mass. If its a 5, 10 or 15 percent decrease its 5, 10 or 15 more than what im willing to spare.

I found another anti-DHT shampoo, Revivogen, its expensive:

http://www.revivogen.com/

What is most interesting is that it was developed by Dr. Khadavi, the same guy that developed Clearogen. Man, this guy is really riding the anti-DHT gravy train!

Well, I've been researching shampoos tonight and found a site with instructions on how to make your own anti-dht solution for preventing hairloss. Most of the ingredients seem to be common to the commercial anti-dht shampoos and solutions. Theoretically you could probably make a similiar mix to apply to the face after researching all the ingredients. I think an important point with just going out and trying to apply saw palmetto or anything topically is that you probably need to also find something to mix in that helps penetration. Be warned, the site is pretty minimal/DIY, but a lot of people in the hairless forums seem to cite it or use it. Enjoy:

The "Super Zix":

http://www.qdbd.com/hair_loss_treatment_4.htm

http://www.qdbd.com/hair_loss_treatment_1.htm

Well, I've been researching shampoos tonight and found a site with instructions on how to make your own anti-dht solution for preventing hairloss. Most of the ingredients seem to be common to the commercial anti-dht shampoos and solutions. Theoretically you could probably make a similiar mix to apply to the face after researching all the ingredients. I think an important point with just going out and trying to apply saw palmetto or anything topically is that you probably need to also find something to mix in that helps penetration. Be warned, the site is pretty minimal/DIY, but a lot of people in the hairless forums seem to cite it or use it. Enjoy:

The "Super Zix":

http://www.qdbd.com/hair_loss_treatment_4.htm

http://www.qdbd.com/hair_loss_treatment_1.htm

Yes, Im also looking into a wash that has anti-DHT ingredients... the proanagen one looks good although looks quite expensive. I might end up wanting to make it up by myself, just buy the ingredients.