Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CB07

Bp or go on with Tea Tree oil

I think I have eczema because of using bp, should I continue on using it or just go with tea tree oil. Any tea tree oil users can help me on how to use the tea tree oil?

BP is the devil!

I used to put a few drops of tea tree oil in aloe vera and use it.

But now not even that. it seems moisturizing but it actually is drying too. Just aloe vera a bit of moisturizer for me now. Prevent future acne by being gentle instead of focusing on killing existing ones with chemicals etc

BP is the devil!

But now not even that. it seems moisturizing but it actually is drying too. Just aloe vera a bit of moisturizer for me now. Prevent future acne by being gentle instead of focusing on killing existing ones with chemicals etc

BP is the devil!

So I should like put two drops in my moisturizer?

You might also consider trying a stabilized hydrogen peroxide cream. There is some research showing that the cream can work similarly to BP, with less irritation and drying. There are a few products on the market - i think clearasil makes one, as does Philosophy. There is another major brand that I can't remember the name of, but if you do a search on these boards you might be able to find it. I think one acne.org member who is using it has a log documenting their progress. Also, my esthetician has an HP cream in her product line (she specializes in treating acne and runs an acne clinic in the San Francisco bay area).

I think most people get reactions to BP because they start using too much too soon. My esthetician uses a gradual application approach with her new clients. She has you start using the BP only 15 min at night, and then you wash it off. You do that for the first 3 nights, then gradually start leaving it on longer - a few days for 30 min, a few days for for 60 min, etc. It takes about 2 wks to work up to leaving it on all night. Using this approach I was able to use 10% BP with minimal dryness/irritation. I now only have to use 5%, and only on my more breakout prone areas (my chin). I think if you start by using it nightly, all night, then you are much more likely to experience problems with BP.

Guest Aloetta

BP worked for me... 20 -25% . Prescribed...

I used to use PATCHOLI OIL which I found works better than TEA TREE..

Good Luck!

You might also consider trying a stabilized hydrogen peroxide cream. There is some research showing that the cream can work similarly to BP, with less irritation and drying. There are a few products on the market - i think clearasil makes one, as does Philosophy. There is another major brand that I can't remember the name of, but if you do a search on these boards you might be able to find it. I think one acne.org member who is using it has a log documenting their progress. Also, my esthetician has an HP cream in her product line (she specializes in treating acne and runs an acne clinic in the San Francisco bay area).

I think most people get reactions to BP because they start using too much too soon. My esthetician uses a gradual application approach with her new clients. She has you start using the BP only 15 min at night, and then you wash it off. You do that for the first 3 nights, then gradually start leaving it on longer - a few days for 30 min, a few days for for 60 min, etc. It takes about 2 wks to work up to leaving it on all night. Using this approach I was able to use 10% BP with minimal dryness/irritation. I now only have to use 5%, and only on my more breakout prone areas (my chin). I think if you start by using it nightly, all night, then you are much more likely to experience problems with BP.

What percentage does the hydrogen peroxide cream have to be?

I don't know if there is a recommended percentage. I have read good reviews on most of the HP creams.

unless you want to destroy your face with red marks like i did that never go away stay the hell away from anything related to BP

I use tea tree oil. I put it in my blend for OCM and in my homemade acv toner.

Also, if all else fails, I know that Burt's Bees makes a spot treatment blemish stick that uses tea tree oil. Works for me.

Please be aware that if you have sensitive skin, you might want to steer clear of Tea Tree oil, as it can cause severe irritation in some people. Here are some other essential oils that might work for you as an alternative:

Bergamot

Cedarwood

Lemongrass

Niaouli

Palmarosa

Patchouli

Rosemary

Clove Leaf

Like Tea Tree oil, these are all essential oils and are powerful, concentrated extracts from the botanicals. Use very sparingly or diluted in something else.

And finally... BENZOYL PEROXIDE IS THE DEVIL!

Benzoyl Peroxide is not the devil. Some people can't use it. For some people it works wonders on inhibiting breakouts. What works for some will not work for everyone.

Benzoyl Peroxide is not the devil. Some people can't use it. For some people it works wonders on inhibiting breakouts. What works for some will not work for everyone.

Me? I wasn't getting defensive. Just trying to make sure the right information is out there. Not everyone is aware that certain things work or don't work for different people. Especially some of the younger crowd. I would hate to see somebody not try something that could work for them because of someone else's bad experience. Nothing 'scandalous' about it. Sorry you feel that way.