Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_Lisa_

How long did it take you to notice a difference?

Hey guys,

I was just wondering how long it took you to notice a difference in your skin. I'm a bit paranoid about it at the moment. Even though I'm only 13, I've got v.bad acne, all over my back, face and some on my chest. I've been on Roaccutane for two months. I was orginally on 50mg but I lost loads of weight so my dose got changed to 40mg last month when I went to see my derm. My forehead and cheeks are improving (but they are still bad); and my back is still as spotty and sore as ever.

Is this normal?

Thanks x

For me personally, I saw improvements as soon as I started taking it. My face wasn't (and still isn't) perfect but it looks a lot better than when I started. For some people, they don't see noticeable differences until the course is over or almost over. Good luck!

I had an IB at about 2 weeks, and after that it was (generally) a constant improvement, although extremely slight from day to day. I kept a daily picture log to check and make sure I was improving. At about 3 months I had a setback and a pretty annoying outbreak, but nothing like before. I got a cyst the last week of my course, and since then I get the stray pimple and that's it. Hope that helps!

Thanks guys - I'm not as paranoid as I was. I'm so glad I joined these boards! It's only been a day; but so far I've been given great advice!

Yeah, I joined the boards the day before I started my course. It honestly was my sanity and my saving grace. Make sure you keep a photo log (weekly is reasonable) and an Accutane Log! It helps SO much when you're finished to look back and see what you went through. There are so many other people who will start the same day as you and it is amazing to talk to other people who are dealing with the same things you are. Good luck!!

Hey guys,

I was just wondering how long it took you to notice a difference in your skin. I'm a bit paranoid about it at the moment. Even though I'm only 13, I've got v.bad acne, all over my back, face and some on my chest. I've been on Roaccutane for two months. I was orginally on 50mg but I lost loads of weight so my dose got changed to 40mg last month when I went to see my derm. My forehead and cheeks are improving (but they are still bad); and my back is still as spotty and sore as ever.

Is this normal?

Thanks x

i saw im provement around the second week and right now i only have like 3 pimples and 1 cyst on my forehead but its pretty small right now im 2.5 months into it

My face was pretty nasty for the first month. It was actually much worse than usual because my acne wasn't that bad to begin with. I started taking fish oil with my doses to aid in absorption and it's been improving ever since. Then I read that I needed at least 1 gram of the fish oil acids (or whatever those active ingredients are) per day, up'ed my fish oil intake to about four pills per day and the results have been even better. I sure hope it's the accutane that's doing it because of the presense of fish oil, and not the fish oil by itself. Anyway, it just didn't seem to work well for me until I started taking fish oil. So about a month and a week before I started seeing results.