Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Platinum007

How long did you stay clear after your course?

Just wondering for myself. I had cystic acne and I am finishing my 5 month course on Monday. Just curious how long you stayed clear and what type of acne you had.

Thanks. I'm very nervous. When I went off Doxy, I was clear for about 2 weeks :cry: I am hoping to have better success with accutane.

Platinum

I'm 8 months post, and the only complaint is that I still have a few red marks. They're few and far between, and my boyfriend says he doesn't even notice them anymore. I've had only one real pimple (I think) and a few very tiny ones that disappeared within hours.

Good luck! Congrats on finishing the course!

I'm 8 months post, and the only complaint is that I still have a few red marks. They're few and far between, and my boyfriend says he doesn't even notice them anymore. I've had only one real pimple (I think) and a few very tiny ones that disappeared within hours.

Good luck! Congrats on finishing the course!

I was clear for about 2-3 years, and then it came back. It was very very mild, until a year later.. the breakout got bad :(. And yes, I had more than enough cysts to cover my entire forehead back then lol.

My acne was not cystic but i did occasionally have cysts (if that makes any sense... it just wasn't classified as cystic). My pics are in the before/after in accutane logs. It was pretty bad! So hopefully that's some encouragement. Also, my derm had acne as a teen and took accutane when she was in college, and she has absolutely flawless skin. That was my greatest encouragement.

Hey there!

I am terrified of stopping my course of Accutane this week myself. Although I'll be happy to be rid of some additional mild aches and pains and dryness in the 'wrong' places, to be done with the red eyes and the halt to my red-wine intake (and my unexpected, unwelcome weight-gain!), I am just so thrilled with how smooth and nearly flawless my skin is now.

My red marks seem to be fading, finally -- and I have fewer scars than I expected. The hassle was certainly worth it. Here's to a summer, and hopefully a lifetime, of flawless skin for all of us :D

I thank you all at acne.org for your messages of hope, advice and support -- and Platinum, keep in touch, as we seem to be synchronized. Take care!

I was clear for about 2-3 years, and then it came back. It was very very mild, until a year later.. the breakout got bad :(. And yes, I had more than enough cysts to cover my entire forehead back then lol.

My acne was not cystic but i did occasionally have cysts (if that makes any sense... it just wasn't classified as cystic). My pics are in the before/after in accutane logs. It was pretty bad! So hopefully that's some encouragement. Also, my derm had acne as a teen and took accutane when she was in college, and she has absolutely flawless skin. That was my greatest encouragement.

Hey there!

I am terrified of stopping my course of Accutane this week myself. Although I'll be happy to be rid of some additional mild aches and pains and dryness in the 'wrong' places, to be done with the red eyes and the halt to my red-wine intake (and my unexpected, unwelcome weight-gain!), I am just so thrilled with how smooth and nearly flawless my skin is now.

My red marks seem to be fading, finally -- and I have fewer scars than I expected. The hassle was certainly worth it. Here's to a summer, and hopefully a lifetime, of flawless skin for all of us :D

I thank you all at acne.org for your messages of hope, advice and support -- and Platinum, keep in touch, as we seem to be synchronized. Take care!

Just wondering for myself. I had cystic acne and I am finishing my 5 month course on Monday. Just curious how long you stayed clear and what type of acne you had.

Thanks. I'm very nervous. When I went off Doxy, I was clear for about 2 weeks :cry: I am hoping to have better success with accutane.

Platinum

The first time i had severe cystic acne on face and trunk. 10 year remission from that course and it came back real slow after that.

About 5 years after that it had progressed to being moderate/severe cystic. I finished that course in April of '06 and still clear so far.

Hey there!

Hey, girl!

You gained, too? I stopped exercising because it was pointless after a while. Each session would bring on a new, intense pain. So I quit. My last pill is today and I will start exercise on Thursday. I'll start with walking and light weight with one or two short runs per week. I hope to improve quickly. I have always bounced right back from inactivity in the past. Hopefully this won't be any different. Sure looking forward to getter back on the bike and running. I really need the endorphens. I have become sooo lazy.

I'm going to post before and after pics today. :shifty: I am still very red but I'll post some more as the redness fades.

Good luck, yourself! You have a few more weeks than me before it's shorts season there. Yikes!

Platinum

Both times, I took 0.5 mg/kg/day for 4 months, about 1/2 today's recommended cumulative dosage.

I think you have a good chance of excellent, long term results.