Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mad ID

I found my cure after 6 years

Hello all.

I've been struggling with acne for 6 or 7 years now.

I'm 20 now, and can proudly say that bad acne is past tence for me.

I tried lost of stuff, like Skinoren, Differin, and one and only accutane. But what happend? I started taking accutane 3 months ago, got scared and stoped it after 3 day (only).

I said to my self, I will do everything in my power to stop acne which has been ruining my life for so long :wall:

I FOUND THE CURE

My situation: I always had very nice skin but my forehed was full of acne including big paintful cysts. OMG, how many times I couldn't leave the house..

You can see a picture of my forehead on this link(s):

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...ost&id=6135

http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=09112006fc9.jpg

Big cysts, very very paintful :cry:

So my regimen right now is: I eat everything I want, I wash my face only with water 2-3 times a day, I don't give a shit when I go to bed, I eat chocolate when ever I want BUT I take 3 pills of green tea extracts daily !

It started working right away and now is about day 50 ! Didn't wanted to post this post till now because I wanted to be sure this is it.

Enough words, new photo taken yesterday:

slikicaxb8.th.jpg

This little red you can see are red marks, but they're not bad, faiding every day.

What you need to know is: I STILL HAVE LOTS OF ACNE, but (almost) ZERO RED ONES! No cyst!!

Some more information about green tea I'm taking:

Doze of 3 capsules containg:

*900mg of green tea

*100mg of Inulin

This is what I wanted to share with you people. I don't know will it work for you, but my obligation of sharing is now complete :)

This forum was a great help for the past years.

Bye

I never knew those existed :surprised:

I'll go look for those immediately seeing as eating green tea leaves has a great effect on me as well!

Thanks for the info :D

Wait a second, you said you still have a lot of acne, but no red ones? Do you mean, you have no cysts, but still have white heads?

Could you elaborate on that. I want to see what type of results I would get etc.

Thank you!

Your picture seems you have no more acne at all, like at all?

Also, please state where you got it from :D

One of the most important questions:

Do you still have oily skin, or a lot of excess oil, tell me how much there is? Because I looked up that green tea can inhibit the effects of DHT which can produce excess oil.

There may be a big connection!

I wonder if instead of taking capsules, could it work better or equal in a topycal gel? Because I have seen bottles of Green Tea gel before, well it sounds interesting I'm going to try that myself as I have very oily skin hopefully it will go away, arghh, I'll post how it goes later on when I get the Green Tea bottle

:think:

anyone know if drinking regular green tea itself is the same as capsules?

Before that I used to drink green tea with non or very little results. Why? Because there is a very small amount of extracts in it.

You can drink 10-15 cups a day if you like but thats not pracital.

Wait a second, you said you still have a lot of acne, but no red ones? Do you mean, you have no cysts, but still have white heads?

Could you elaborate on that. I want to see what type of results I would get etc.

Thank you!

Your picture seems you have no more acne at all, like at all?

Also, please state where you got it from :D

One of the most important questions:

Do you still have oily skin, or a lot of excess oil, tell me how much there is? Because I looked up that green tea can inhibit the effects of DHT which can produce excess oil.

There may be a big connection!

One more question,

did you take it after a meal, and did you also take it with milk or dairy? I heard it stops the effects of green tea.

So just wanted to know :)

Thanks!

green tea extract? I drink green tea but never the vitamin form. I will try it out though. Thanks!

just had a cup of lipton decaf green tea, with 4 bags in it.. i feel basically high or something! no joke. anyone else get this?

na its not the caffeine as its decaf (still with a little caffeine). not a caffeine high..a relaxing high. i read that it can relax you

na its not the caffeine as its decaf (still with a little caffeine). not a caffeine high..a relaxing high. i read that it can relax you

One more question,

did you take it after a meal, and did you also take it with milk or dairy? I heard it stops the effects of green tea.

Thanks!

One more question,

Thanks!

You should always take it after meal.

I don't drink milk because it always make me break out, I tried 10 days (again) ago and got a pimple. Don't know why, but milk is very bad for me.

There is no caffeine (or that simular stuff) in this pills so you can take it normaly even before going to bed.

Thank you very much, that was very helpful. I already ordered some and will start taking it.

Wow interesting. Emm just wondering have you tried stopping the green tea pills just to see what would happens? I used to drink two cups of green tea a day, and honestly that did not help much. But could be that you are taking the extract form. Anyways for those who are going to try this keep us posted and good luck.

Wow interesting. Emm just wondering have you tried stopping the green tea pills just to see what would happens? I used to drink two cups of green tea a day, and honestly that did not help much. But could be that you are taking the extract form. Anyways for those who are going to try this keep us posted and good luck.

For those of you that ordered, did you order from the link given or somewhere else? Also, the highest extract I found was 600mg and contained no insulin.

For those of you that ordered, did you order from the link given or somewhere else? Also, the highest extract I found was 600mg and contained no insulin.

I ordered the NOW brand from bodybuilding.com It's great quality, their products are awesome. NOW brands are usually available everywhere :)

I ordered the NOW brand from bodybuilding.com It's great quality, their products are awesome. NOW brands are usually available everywhere :)

I have started yesterday. I got the "Green Tea Standarised Extract" from Reflex®.

It contains the following:

Each capsule provides:

300mg Green Tea extract

Total polyphenols 95%

Total Catechins 70%

Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) 30%

I do not know what it means, is it good?

"As compared to other types of teas, green tea is not fermented instead it is steamed soon after been plucked in order to prevent the oxidation of the leaves to retain the active substances within the leaves.

Green tea (Camellia Sinensis) extract contains high content of Polyphenols. Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG), a potent antioxidant is another most important component of green tea.

Green tea has proved to be anti-bacterial that reduces inflammation, decreases hormone activity, capable of killing the potentially deadly Staphylococcus Aureus and the bacteria that cause Bacterium acne.

Green tea's antioxidants have been shown to be highly beneficial to acne prevention. These antioxidants help your body to fight against free radicals that cause damage to cells and tissues in your body. Green tea therapy is less toxic and has fewer or no side effects as compare to other drug based products.

In an independent study, Dr. Gan-Wong in 2003 reported to the American Academy of Dermatology that the results in treating acne were the same when he compared a green tea cream with having 3% of green tea, to a 4% Benzoyl Peroxide solution. Therefore, the natural anti-bacterial properties of green tea can be effective to treat acne. This herbal acne treatment is available in the form of green tea cream. Green Tea with Honeysuckle is often known as 'Pimple Tea' in China. It also aids digestion and helps to detoxify your system when drunk after a meal and getting rid of the toxins prevent acne. "

Source: http://www.naturalacneremedy.com/btf/green-tea-and-acne.html

One more thing, you ask about amount.

My daily dose is 3 pills, each pill is 300mg, so 300x3 = 900mg plus 100mg inulin