Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fil

white teeth

I know this has nothing to do with acne, but since this is all about health.

Anyone know some good (natural) remedies to make ur teeth more white?

thx in advance

Sometimes you can go to your dentist and tell them that you had a tooth model plastic thingie already made a few years before by another dentist, but have run out of the professional whitening gel. They'll usually sell you the professional gel for $20.

The reason the professional whitening systems cost so much, is because dentist offices charge about $400 to make a plastic model of your teeth ... a rubbery clear "tooth guard" which will hold the gel to your teeth.

However, you can make this guard yourself for about $6.

Call a few Karate schools and ask them where they buy their Mouth Guards from (it will be the SAME clear rubbery plastic, lol ). They'll tell you and you buy it.

On the directions, it will ask you to drop the mouthpiece into boiling water for 2 minutes. After 30 seconds, it will cool, and you will put it into your mouth and bite down on it. Thus you will have a custom made mouth piece that will hold the professional whitening gel to your teeth. :)

Wow that's pretty neat! Do I have to get the gel from a dentist?

I myself have been using rembrandt toothpaste which contains peroxide.

just use hydrogen peroxide as a mouthwash. Its what is in most of the over the counter whitening products out there. I use it everyday, my teeth are white as snow.

There's an ear drop available from most drugstores that is about 8% carbamide peroxide, which according the person who posted it on healthboards.com, is what dentists use at 10%.

my teeth are very white, and all i do is brush with whiening toothpaste, and chew trident white constantly. about once or twice a year i use one of those whitening kits.

You can use the hydrogen peroxide. However, the gel is 20% hydrogen as opposed to 3%. Its much faster.

Also, you can pick and choose certain teeth to put it on... rather than rincing your entire mouth out.

Becareful about rincing your front teeth because they are very thin and they whiten faster than your other teeth. After they are completly white, they start turning grey and clear if more hydrogen is applied. They will start turning grey before your other teeth start turning from yellow to white. So its easier to control this volatile situation by using the gel.

So this baking soda is just the regular u can use for baking too?

And you just put some in your mouth and start brushing?

I recall someone saying it might hurt your tooth enamel or something like that?