Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DiscoBloodbath

my lashes are falling out....

i didnt want to admit there was a problem, but i cant deny it any longer. my freaking lashes are falling out and im left at a lost. now, im used to my hair falling out since it's in such bad condition, but this has never happened to my eye lashes. i mean sure i'd loose one or two every so often, but thats normal. but now, everyday i see little hairs on my cheeks when i wake up!! :wall::wall::( i fear one day ill wake up and have none left. and i dont know whats causing this. best thing i can come up with is the mascara ive been using- Covergirl's volume exact mascara. :( i dont know what to do anymore.... :( can a mascara really cause this?

is there like a primer or something that can help?

oh my goodness. i feel like i've been experiencing something like that too, though it's the "falling out" as well as a more a general "thinning' or something.

yes, i have heard heavy mascara can cause that. so can rubbing your eyes a lot. so can aggressive eye makeup removal.

and while we're on the subject, i tried Blinc's "Kiss Me" Mascara yesterday for the first time, and didn't like how i had to pull to remove it.

so do you rub your eyes a lot?

Guest Aloetta

One holistic approach...

Stop w/the Mascara's for a while .......... IF..............

YOU CAN....

apply a small dab of CASTOR OIL make sure you don't get into eyes... just above lid brushing lashes... (EYES MUST BE CLOSED)

INTAKE OF SILICIA and Flaxseed oil ...

also you might want to try Carrots.. ..holds KERATIN... something our little folicils luv.......... Good for Hair too.... ( BUT DON't forget to eat em)..;)

Grate some RAW CARROTS and apply at nite ovr lashes for as long as you can hold the stuff on w/o blinking or turning .. which may rub off on pillows..... GOOD LUCK!

oh god now im really scared!! :errr:

Clear- i am a mascara junkie! the only type of makeup i wear 98% of the time i go out! :X and yes i do rub 'em. and also, i dont always remove it.... :(

Aloetta- thanks for all the avise!! ill try that castro oil. and about the not wearing mascara.... :( .... yes i can do that too...

OhNoNotAnotherCysticPimple- thanks! buut... im sorta scared of putting vaseline on my face.... but... if it makes 'em grow...

painted-reality- you sooo scared the hell out of me!! oh man i dont want to loose my lashes!

it sucks, i always complained about not having long, very thick lashes.... and now i dont want anything more than mine! :(

don't freak out yet...

if i were you, i'd take it easy on the mascara for a few weeks and see if things improve. also if/when you ever do wear it, definitely don't sleep in it. and make sure you have a high-quality remover that doesn't make you pull/tug/rub aggressively at them! esp. avoid using paper products like cotton pads to remove the makeup. i have a favorite -- Clinique Take the Day Off Balm -- but i always hesitate to recommend it b/c its so damn expensive ($26). it works SO easily, though. and lasts me a long time, b/c i rarely wear eye makeup. (i bought it around last october, but have used less than 1/4 of it, if that.) at my suggestion, my mom just bought herself a tub too. i'll be curious to see how long it takes her to go through it, since she doesn't apply sparingly like me, and she uses mascara daily, like you. :think:

above all, stop rubbing those damn lashes! :naughty::D

Yeah, you need to keep your eye area well-moisturized. Besides eye creams, I use jojoba oil & sometimes vaseline. I also use those to remove eye makeup.

If you keep wearing mascara, use a gentle eye makeup remover & avoid waterproof eye makeup which is harder to take off. Dont use an eyelash curler until you feel your lashes are less brittle again.

BTW, I wear several layers of mascara, almost everyday for 10 years, & I have very thick, long lashes. I think it's more to do with genetics & moisturizing than makeup.

don't freak out yet...

if i were you, i'd take it easy on the mascara for a few weeks and see if things improve. also if/when you ever do wear it, make sure you have a high-quality remover that doesn't make you pull/tug/rub aggressively at them! esp. avoid using paper products like cotton pads to remove the makeup. i have a favorite -- Clinique Take the Day Off Balm -- but i always hesitate to recommend it b/c its so damn expensive ($26). it works SO easily, though. and lasts me a long time, b/c i rarely wear eye makeup. (i bought it around last october, but have used less than 1/4 of it, if that.) at my suggestion, my mom just bought herself a tub too. i'll be curious to see how long it takes her to go through it, since she doesn't apply sparingly like me, and she uses mascara daily, like you. :think:

above all, stop rubbing those damn lashes! :naughty::D

^ ooh, i totally forgot about the curling part. i've wondered if that's my problem. Sioux, what kind of curler do you use? i use Shiseido, which i love... it works so well. some say those heated ones are better for eyelash health, but i didn't like the heated one i tried.

I just use some crappy cheap Revlon eyelash curler :D It actually only works so-so & I want to get a better one. I was thinking of the Shiseido actually cuz I've heard good things, and if my memory serves me well I think I used a friend's once & was impressed.

Oh about the vaseline thing, I dont think it makes lashes grow, I think it just keeps them really moisturized so they dont get dry & fall out. I know vaseline gets a bad wrap, but I have yet to find a good replacement product for all the magic it performs.

oooh the cleansing balm looks soo cute. I NEED IT OR ILL DIE! (see that junkie mentality? :lol:) but really it does look nice and i need it since im all about the eye makeup. also, i dont think ive ever used an eye makeup remover that didnt require the use of a cotton ball/pad, i guess thats a problem? :rolleyes: and yes ill lay off the mascara, and at any rate im getting a new one. ive used MANY mascaras and this has never happened before, so itmight be that. :doubt:

I actually put conditioner on my lashes in the shower at night. Makes them soft and long. Just try to keep your eyes closed or else it is shit. It burns more than shampoo if it gets in them

Guest Aloetta

Great idea .. Baby Shampoo.... Guess it must be Johnson & Johnson eh?..

Coconut OIL should Moisterize and strengthen them...

I used to use Curl Lasher (in my younger days ~ and loved Maybeline Thick Eyelash mascara).. I suppose it's also the aging process but chemicals and over rubbing might make them fall out more if weak.

I've TWO. CURL LASHER, one is from my mom's it's a silver good quality one and still works... the other, some cheap one , instructions say to curl after applying MASCARA... ( WHAT)? ... that would be like Glueing or sealing an envelope and trying toREOPEN (tear fibers, hair or skin) .. really dosn't make sense to me?

**** I NEVER apply mascara today....Prefer Eyeliner anyday...

Try FALSE eyelashes for a month...

Guest Aloetta

I don't know either....^^ I HATE MASCARA ^^.. My sister lives by it... :wacko:

Anywho...

ROSEWATER also helps...

Try TAPPING some RW (with fingers - NO RUBBING).. around eye area...

Leave on for 1/2 hour , before retiring and RINSE OFF...

*** YOU MUST RINSE IT OFF****...

Rose Water is very mild and reinforces both the SKIN LAYER of lashes & tighten's those folicals...

I find today's MASCARA is very HARSH.. w/ all due CHEMICALS/TINTS for improving the texture to it also bcz both EYELINER or MASCARA to some brand product contain BACTERIA... (BINGO).. could damage EYES not only weaken LASHES..

Not as it was once like MAYBELINE's GREAT LASH..... That's why I stopped using them...

^well mascara makes my lashes longer, and darker, and just a whole lot more noticeable. it also brings out my eyes more, and makes them look bigger. i tell you it's my #1 makeup most have. even more than eyeliner which i loove too.

and about the false lashes.... well, im not really a false lash kinda girl. i prefer enhancing what ive got.

Aloetta- YES mascara is veeery harsh. and i dont seem to find any more natural alternatives. :(

thank you all for all the great tips! :)

Guest Aloetta

Sorry to hear...

But do care for your Lashes Delicately :cool: ... Otherwise you will end up wearing FALSIES buy the sounds of it... :doh:

Invest in some Good Quality Mascara... ( sorry can't help you there )... My Fav's European ones ( If I ever HAVE TO wear MASCARA) ... as I DO NOT!!!

What about RIMMEL... it's EURO based brand name... might not be a FAV. RIGHT now... but it might be less harsh as to what your currently using... (?)

CHECK ANY OUT... Chk out the CONTENTS... ( this was only a suggestion)..

ALSO.. perhaps you might want to condition them w/ a bit of mashed BANANA- (good for Itch eyes & lashes), or Coconut OIL- It's great for LAsh Texture provides Esstential nutrients to em.....

If & WHEN your not wearing MASCARA apply a bit of COCONUT OIL.. but try to avoid getting into EYE.. It's crucial to Moisten those Lashes to make em LUSH AGAIN (you condition your hair)?..

Causes may be number of illness related, from LACK of proper Diet.. Diabetes, Cancer, HIV.. ETC..

or it may be Parasite on lashes..... REMEMBER TO CLEANSE that STUFF OFF.... That stuff is like GLUE... or HAIRSPRAY...

** Might want to cleanse off w/ Camolie or Marigold tea****... < Both remove heavy residue build-up and germs.. both good for HAIR & delicate even for EYES ;)...

Another Suggestion..

Brush BABY POWDER slightly before apply MASCARA - It's a TOP MODEL SECRET...

***But start conditioning LASHES....REMOVE residue as requested eariler from OHNO ^^ above ....

Try Washing w/ something mildly to remove the HEAVINESS of it all - the MORE YOU PUT the harder it is to REMOVE...

^The ingredients in most of Rimmel's makeup isnt that great. Just cuz they are European brand doesnt mean much. I dont dislike them at all but they are cheap makeup & I wouldnt reccomend their mascara (which I've tried).

I like this Clarins mascara a lot, it is easy to remove & supposedly has ingredients to moisturize & condition lashes:

Clarins Pure Volune Mascara

I dont know everything that's in it, but generally their products tend to use more natural ingredients & be pretty gentle.

I met someone who plucked their eyelashes out :ninja:

although this doesnt really help your problem....it just reminded me of that hehe

goodluck!

Guest Aloetta

^ but they are cheap makeup & I wouldnt reccomend their mascara (which I've tried).I like this Clarins mascara a lot, it is easy to remove & supposedly has ingredients to moisturize & condition lashes:

---------------------------------------------------------------

ahh I c.. :wub: you were implying about RIMMEL..... Okie dokie..

But no.. Not all EURO MAKEUP is CHEAP.. Probably yes RIMMEL is.. (don't know of it much- never used it personnally, was only a suggestion).. since it's the only EURO Based line that is most POPULAR.... (?) ... Channel & Kiss Me..(?)

If I was to use a MASCARA ...Personally, I'd hunt down a good EURO-BASED one (ITALIAN NAME / BRAND) as they have less chemical contents in them...

like BORGESE LINE.(not CHEAP). SOGEN and others...

But as mentioned I'm NOT a Mascara PRO here.. :blink:

My interest is more the EYELINERS... :ninja: that's what I can't live WITHOUT and MUST LIVE WITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gimme:

-------------------------------------------

OMG Hannaaaaaaaaaaa!!... :doh: OMG.. I can't imagine that?.. Did they ever grow back???