Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xamia

Accutane and Memory

Since being on accutane I've noticed my memory steadily becoming worse. Has anyone else experienced this? And will it go away after I've finished treatment?

this is a fathom of your imagination. you are not loosing your memory and if you are you are simply trying to blame accutane for it. i have experienced a mild form of ADD though, not a big deal. i dont think that memory loss is caused by accutane. anyhow try some ginkgo biloba ;)

I had mild ADD and depression, but no memory loss. I DID struggle remembering things (as I was studying for tests, etc) but no actual memory loss. I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's a figment of your imagination though.

I think for a lot of people, it's all in your head. If you think about the side effects quite often you tend to think they are happening. I mean that's not to say it can't happen, I think you should just keep yourself busy so that you don't have time to worry about the side effects.

Uh... I made myself think there was nothing happening and I ended up flunking out of school and I laid on the couch and cried for hours at a time for no reason. I'm not like that at all. Trust me, these side effects are by no stretch of the imagination "in your head." My family freaked when I came home from school and they realized how much it affected me. If someone thinks they have accutane side effects, they need to discuss it with a dermatologist or family physician immediately.