Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
termy

Indented cheek scar (almost gone!)

Hey guys,

I've recently had a chemical peel (glycolic 70%, I think) done in hopes of getting rid of this terrible scar (Indented, really red, 4 or 5 months old, sharp edges, etc) on my right cheek. To my disappointment, I didn't notice any change in the first two or so days, but I was very happy that there was no redness, and only a little drying by nose. About five days later, I'm happy to say that my scar is almost gone! If you have some superficial blemishes or indented scars, get a chemical peel! You'll be amazed. Make sure the dermatologist that does it knows what he or she (she, in my case) is doing. My dermatologist, Anne Riordan, was amazing. I highly recommend her. My skin felt so much smoother afterwards, and cleaner too.

Good luck!

Hey guys,

I've recently had a chemical peel (glycolic 70%, I think) done in hopes of getting rid of this terrible scar (Indented, really red, 4 or 5 months old, sharp edges, etc) on my right cheek. To my disappointment, I didn't notice any change in the first two or so days, but I was very happy that there was no redness, and only a little drying by nose. About five days later, I'm happy to say that my scar is almost gone! If you have some superficial blemishes or indented scars, get a chemical peel! You'll be amazed. Make sure the dermatologist that does it knows what he or she (she, in my case) is doing. My dermatologist, Anne Riordan, was amazing. I highly recommend her. My skin felt so much smoother afterwards, and cleaner too.

Good luck!

Mellow_Yellow: She is located in the St. Louis area (Missouri, or Misery, whichever you prefer.)

Clueless85: I think that the whole package (3 chemical peels spread out over a few months, I've only had my first though) was about 300 dollars. I'm a terrible person, I made my parents pay :P. I think they're worth it, just wait a few days and be happy :).

OhNoNotAnotherCysticPimple: Nice name :P. And thanks :D

Dude it has only been 5 days. I once did a chemical peel and thought I got rid some of my big scars. It was very temporary. So many people broadcast amazing results from peels and needling etc. Most of those people later report the results were temporary.

Let's see if you are still amazed a few months from now. I don't mean to sound harsh, but I don't like people to give false hope. In your case it is way too premature to say anything except thhat you have had good results so far in the first week.

-Robert

Hey guys,

Good luck!

Robertlapwig: I guess you're right :/ I should wait longer. It doesn't look like it will come back, and my dermatologist said it would have gone away in about a year anyway. I'm not meaning to spread false hope, but even if it's only temporary, I'm still happy. Maybe there are other people here who, like me, are willing to pay for even a temporary cure.

Texan90: I don't have the before and after pics, although my dermatologist took a picture before. I should be getting the pictures in a few weeks, I suppose.

To OP, great job on getting your scar almost removed completely. I have been considering getting a high professional glycolic peel done for while and your results only emphasise how good they can work. I only have one real annoying superficial scar and this has given me an option to hopefully get rid of it at least.

To OP, great job on getting your scar almost removed completely. I have been considering getting a high professional glycolic peel done for while and your results only emphasise how good they can work. I only have one real annoying superficial scar and this has given me an option to hopefully get rid of it at least.

Yes youre right it will take more than just one treatment and more than two, so on... this is something you have to keep up with and you should. You're on the right path. I hope that indent goes away for you.

Yes youre right it will take more than just one treatment and more than two, so on... this is something you have to keep up with and you should. You're on the right path. I hope that indent goes away for you.