Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sweetshotpfhs

Will I ever have clear, beautiful skin again???

I'm currently a senior in high school. I first experienced acne my sophomore year. When I first broke out, I was devastated. My mom never told me she had bad acne growing up, so when it hit me, I was shocked and unprepared. I didn't know how to handle the situation and I wanted them gone immediately, so I thought it was best for me to pick and pop my pimples. I went to the derm, and of course, I had to start with the beginner stuff (the tetracycline, and BP wash). The medications didn't work and my acne got worse and more severe. I couldn't take having the acne on my face so my parents begged my derm for accutane. I went on accutane about two years ago. Within two months I cleared up, but I still had some red marks left behind. About 2 months after my trial on Accutane, I went to my derm, and he told me to try retin-a micro to help out with the red marks and scarring. Within the first week, I felt some light irritation, but I ignored it. In the next couple of days, I broke out in a huge rash on my face. Once I was able to treat the rash, my face hasnt been the same since, and now, I really don't know whats wrong with it and how to treat it. Here's my current regimen...

Morning

Cetaphil Anti-Bacterial Cleansing Bar

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion SPF 15 w/ AHA

Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer w/ SPF 30

Night

Cetaphil Anti-Bacterial Cleansing Bar

Exfoliate with Baby Brush

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

Tazorac Cream 0.01%

My face is constantly red and it sucks because its really easy for my face to flush, especially when I'm in social situations. I just added in the AHA, so I dont know if its having a positve or negative effect on my face, but so far, I don't like it because it makes my face BURN! I need help, my confidence has dropped a tremendous amout since I've encountered acne. I want it gone so bad.

post-54463-1172971570_thumb.jpg

post-54463-1172971576_thumb.jpg

post-54463-1172971580_thumb.jpg

post-54463-1172971570_thumb.jpg

post-54463-1172971576_thumb.jpg

post-54463-1172971580_thumb.jpg

I know it will clear up, I haven't lost the faith. I just want to find a good regimen I can stick with. I like the tazorac, I just want to get everything else right.

.. and sorry i look mean in the first pic, I'm really a nice guy.

I was also a sophomore in high school when i started to break out like you. Hang in there and experiment which methods work best for you, that is what i did. The only problem in experiementing is that it can be costly.

Why would Cetaphil break someone out? I'm on Accutane and I use Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion for the dryness. Should I stop using it, or is it only in isolated cases that people will break out from it?

your skin is fine dont worry about it you might want to invest into dans regimen because your acne is mild dont go on accutane ur skin isnt bad enough to go on accutane

I'm really considering going on accutane again. I would try Dan's Regimen, but my face just can't handle all that BP twice a day. The only concern I have with accutane is the fact that I'm so physically active and I hear that it makes your bones weak. My goal right now is to try to walk on for basketball in college. I would definitely rather have a clear face though. Does my face need another treatment of accutane? (I intend to use the smallest dose)

Well this is what I recommend. First and foremost, with the baby brush, brush before you wash with the cetaphil. In fact, instead of cetaphil, using a cleanser like oil of olay gentle cleanser. It's $3 but it comes with aloe vera in it so you can't overwash with it.

Also, when you moisturize, use aloe vera gel + a small bit of cetaphil.

There's no correlation, but when I use just cetaphil alone for moisturizer, my face looks greasy, and for some reason I produce more oil. It's really gross.

So I hope that helps.

Try to use nothing that contains BP or SA, they fuck up skin really badly.

Also, how much water do you drink, and what's your diet like?

Well this is what I recommend. First and foremost, with the baby brush, brush before you wash with the cetaphil. In fact, instead of cetaphil, using a cleanser like oil of olay gentle cleanser. It's $3 but it comes with aloe vera in it so you can't overwash with it.

Also, when you moisturize, use aloe vera gel + a small bit of cetaphil.

There's no correlation, but when I use just cetaphil alone for moisturizer, my face looks greasy, and for some reason I produce more oil. It's really gross.

So I hope that helps.

Try to use nothing that contains BP or SA, they fuck up skin really badly.

Also, how much water do you drink, and what's your diet like?