Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AshB

Supplements To Fight Acne

Ok, so I have been reading the "Foundations of Clear Skin" thread and need some help on the supplements part. I just went out to walmart and got these Spring Valley brand supplements...

Borage Oil 500 mg

Flaxseed Oil 1000 mg

Evening Primrose Oil 100mg

...because that part of the thread was very unclear could someone tell me if these supplements will work. I understand there are better brands that I can order, but I want to get started asap. Will these be ok to start with?

Also I couldn't find a multi without iodine, will it be ok to start with these supplements without having the multi?

Any and all information is welcome! Please help me out!

Ok I was also just reading the epo thread and it look like 1000mg is way too much! I don't understand most of this.

There really isn't much science behind all these supplements and herbs and what not. In most cases I think they are just placebos, their effect might last for a few weeks, but eventually they become inert and people start looking for other products. And the cycle continues.

There really isn't much science behind all these supplements and herbs and what not. In most cases I think they are just placebos, their effect might last for a few weeks, but eventually they become inert and people start looking for other products. And the cycle continues.

Sorry he's wrong about that.

You need omega 3's, they aren't a placebo effect. Why don't we ask the japanese and the inuits who have ridiculous long term life cycles?

It's no joke, it's fact. There is hard science behind it.

You need to not only take omega 3 (fish oil), it won't work. You need to find out how much your body need. Idealy, you need to balance omega 3 and omega 6 as close to 1:1 as possible. Go to nutritiondata.com and find the foods you eat, make a general schedule of what you eat through the day and see how much omega 3 and 6 you are getting. Once you get that down, add in how much omega 3 you need to get to 1:1. Start taking that much omega 3 from fish oil (epa + dha).

If you have too much omega 6, try to see what foods you can reduce first, before you start taking supplements. anything above 1:12 means you should be able to alter your diet and bring omega 6's down before you add in pills.

You need omega 3's, they aren't a placebo effect. Why don't we ask the japanese and the inuits who have ridiculous long term life cycles?

It's no joke, it's fact. There is hard science behind it.

You need to not only take omega 3 (fish oil), it won't work. You need to find out how much your body need. Idealy, you need to balance omega 3 and omega 6 as close to 1:1 as possible. Go to nutritiondata.com and find the foods you eat, make a general schedule of what you eat through the day and see how much omega 3 and 6 you are getting. Once you get that down, add in how much omega 3 you need to get to 1:1. Start taking that much omega 3 from fish oil (epa + dha).

If you have too much omega 6, try to see what foods you can reduce first, before you start taking supplements. anything above 1:12 means you should be able to alter your diet and bring omega 6's down before you add in pills.

Guest j3ff86

You need omega 3's, they aren't a placebo effect.