Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hehehe. it's weird. ever since i came on here i've started noticing my acne SO much more. i've started spending a lot more time on it and been trying so many things.

before i just thought "whatever", but now i'm kind of obsessed with it. today i was crying because my face was looking really bad :[

sad day right? haha.

is anyone else experiencing this, or am i just a weird child?

Guest Mankind R.I.P.

I know what you mean. I have kind of gotten addicted to it too. I lurked around here for while, looking every now and again at ratings and stuff but since joining up I have looked like every day for the past month. My acne is under control really and my problem is red marks and I think the point you mentioned about trying loads of new products is exactly the same for me.

I see one thing which sounds good, then few days later someone will post the product that worked for them and I'll be like ''damn, I just ordered the other one.''

I think for me I obsess more about my skin because I want to know where every flaw or whatever is on my skin so I can see what other people's are like and what products will work best for me. The past few days I have realised that I should see what worked more for people with my skin type (relatively pale, some red marks) and see what worked best for them other than just jumping for any new product I see.

Also, judging by the amount of members and people that vote everyday I hardly think you are the only one that obsesses about their skin ;)

I know what you mean. I have kind of gotten addicted to it too. I lurked around here for while, looking every now and again at ratings and stuff but since joining up I have looked like every day for the past month. My acne is under control really and my problem is red marks and I think the point you mentioned about trying loads of new products is exactly the same for me.

I see one thing which sounds good, then few days later someone will post the product that worked for them and I'll be like ''damn, I just ordered the other one.''

I think for me I obsess more about my skin because I want to know where every flaw or whatever is on my skin so I can see what other people's are like and what products will work best for me. The past few days I have realised that I should see what worked more for people with my skin type (relatively pale, some red marks) and see what worked best for them other than just jumping for any new product I see.

Also, judging by the amount of members and people that vote everyday I hardly think you are the only one that obsesses about their skin ;)

Guest Mankind R.I.P.

hehe yeah. it's just i wish that i could be as uncaring about it as i was before. obsessing over skin is annoying :[

i'm not totally addicted to the site yet-i usually only come on during bad skin days. it's still really sad that i spend so much time on it though.

good idea about the same skin type thing though :]

If you're visiting this site obsessively, it's probably going to get easier and easier to think about. Acne isn't something you should dwell on and live in, it can control you. And it's very very easy to let it happen.

Yeah I know what you mean. I have had acne for twelve years and it didnt really bother me in the past but ever since I had major breakouts about six months ago (after not breaking out for ten months) I had a nervous break down. Thats when I found acne.org. You said yours was when you joined acne.org. though

SAME!!! I come here when I have break outs, when I'm clear or just got the odd zit I don't think about acne and stay right away from here....but when I'm here I'm obsessing and isolating myself and feeling pretty damn awful about myself. There are so many different programs people are on here, I'm wondering if I am on the right one, should I be on that one, I just bought that last week maybe I shouldn't have..... my other big problem is I am a nurse, and when I read about people trying new medications etc I steal stuff from work and use it on myself, cortisone, oral and topical antibiotics, spiro, what ever I can get my hot little hands on, the information here is really useful, but I'm fully over dosing on acne treatments!!!! So far I've logged on here 4 times today!

Guest Mumblesorusjen

I'm Addicted as well *sigh*