Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
richs

RoAccutane log (low dose 20mg for 6-9 months)

It's been 24 hours :)

No difference of course.. had one cyst with elevated pouches on my chin for about 8 months now, so I hope that's the first to go

Hey richs, I'm on a similar regimen that your on.

Taking 20mg every 2nd day at the moment. After 4 weeks will up to 20mg every day then probably to 40mg everyday depending how I cope..

Goodluck with your stuff, to hell with acne!

Hey richs, I'm on a similar regimen that your on.

Taking 20mg every 2nd day at the moment. After 4 weeks will up to 20mg every day then probably to 40mg everyday depending how I cope..

Goodluck with your stuff, to hell with acne!

Day 4:

Picked small whitehead and unluckily enough got a little scab.. on side of nose so hurts

Nothing else

You have to pick tiny whiteheads! They're so ugly!

It's gone now anyway, so i'm left with 5 or so cysts and a painful spot on my upper lip.. they have to be the fucking worst

Still not feeling any effect from the drug

Days 10-12:

Drier lips still, slight achy back on occasions; no new spots for a few days now

Hey, i'm from the London area, you?

2 questions..

1) did you notice any side effects other than dryness?

2) how long did it take before there was noticable difference?

thanks

Day 14:

AHAHSHFDGDFHSFDAYHSTREY5EASDHGSHFDHSDHGSHDGSHDRDSRJGA FUCK

2 new big cysts that feel really really painful and hard

i'm starting to see a big difference since this past week actually, i'm coming up to month 4. straight away ppl were saying they were seeing a difference but i bet u feel the same...u wont be fully happy until its all gone.Still have to put cover up on as i'm still conscious that ppl are looking at me.

I'm from west yorkshire

The side effects that i have had constantly are dry lips...but nothing that vaseline can't fix, i had a week where i was so down...and thats not like me at all...check out my previous posts. I also had a tiny bit of blood in my nose for like a day and had the red rash on back of my hands for like errmmm, 4 days or so. Nothing compared to what we have had to put up with over our faces these past years!! when is ur next derm appointment? hope ur face goes good :):) just think about that day when u can come out of the shower without a red face...i told my bf that when i come out of the shower without a spot on my face...i'm going to have a party :) if u need to chat i'm here to answer anything, not that i'm an expert or anything but we're on the same dose so it might help to write. also u might clear up quicker than i am because i wear makeup on my cheeks and clear it off every night which i'm sure is slowing down the process lol! coz my cheeks are the slowest to heal! anyways, dont worry about ur two cysts the accutane will make them go quicker than usual...phew this is a long message...if only i could write an essay this quick lol!! chaz

Day 15:

Cysts have calmed down a bit, but still 2 new inflamed spots :(

Skin is noticably drier and I can no longer use my old cleanser

glad they have calmed down, hope ur face is gettin better. ive got a damn spot thats come up on my left hand side cheek and one really near my ear lobe. hmph...my red marks seem to look worse today. oh dear...at least the tane wil clear us soon

Day 16:

Much better i'm thinking, cysts are really fading

On the upside also the back pain has gone since I took fish oil

I'm on 20mg's too, so I guess I'll start to have some of those initial breakouts after the first 10 days or so.. or maybe sooner, well hopefully I'll get them eventually so I know it's working.

Nice to hear your cysts are fading. :)

Early day 17:

I can't feel them anymore! wahay! and they were huge lumps of things. That's amazing

One old red mark has become a bit redder though so i'm hoping that fades asap

Day 18:

Perhaps a new spot, but I think it's a relatively old one subsiding; cysts are gone, got a few hyperpigmentation marks which have to go before I consider this a success

Day 19/20:

Just old blocked pores now, some tiny whiteheads but not inflamed. ALL cysts have gone down considerably :D