Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
warwize

Stress free is acne free

I'm not sure where to post this, but I think that a big cause of acne in some people is stress, tension and excitement.

I think people are stressed much more than they realize during the day and even while they sleep.

The more stress they experience the more acne they get, and the more acne they get the more stress they experience so this vicious cycle is very self-perpetuating. Even when their acne gets better they experience a positive stress, which inevitably leads to more acne later on.

So negative stress is like this :mad:

Positive stress is like this : :dance:

The neutral thats stress free is like this :whistle:

In my case, being relaxed and in a low stress state was a by-product of a new understanding of the world and myself. I can't really explain how to produce it. Like smoke(stress-free) and fire(understanding), the smoke is really a by-product, not something you aim for. Hmmmm. I tried writing this post several times, and it never came out right.

So I'm just gonna link you to the "fire". If you understand it, thats fine, smoke will be the by-product. If not, thats fine too.

http://www.realization.org/page/doc0/doc0004.htm

About my personal case, I was on the paleo diet, and dan's regimen for several months, which worked ok. I also took multi-vitamins, acv, lots of natural supplements, and otc drugs, etc. These worked too, but not completely.

I knew about the ashtavakra gita for many years, read it many times, but it never had any impact on me. But a few weeks ago, I read it again and something 'clicked' and I was just unusually content, relaxed, and pleased regardless of what was going on. At which point I stopped the paleo diet, and started eating good and bad things, stopped my vitamin supplements, and pretty much stopped dan's regimen; I only applied BP at night slightly, and washed my face only with warm water twice a day....Acne became almost irrelevant, and as the weeks past, I noticed my acne was gone, and at the same time, that didn't really affect me...I was like "ya thats neat"

So I came back to the forums here to see how people are doing, and I noticed acne has a very strong negative effect on people and their psychology, so I just thought that this may be of interest to some of you.

I love that saying, there is no spoon. I love how it's applied here. I think there is truth to this.

No matter how bad or well I eat, I get the same amount of oil being produced.

BUT, when I stress out, my oil increase two times the amount. Or when my face gets irrirated as well from overwashing etc.

We should all somehow practice to regulate our moods. Always aim to stay happy somehow.

Stress arg!

no wonder exercising also works, regulates it well <3

Ya, exercise is great, but it can also have a negative affect on you depending on your personality. I know when I play sports with my friends some of them take it very personally, so when they lose they get really irritated and stressed out.

There are many ways to promote relaxation, and we all experience it now and then, but its hard to be in such a state most of the time, this requires a revolution of the mind and how you perceive things.

People say the real cause of acne is internal, so they change diet, or start taking supplements, or whatever. Which does work to a certain degree, but I think its more internal than that. If you see its root, then having it or not-having it, won't move you at all, which is very interesting. At least thats what I found.

A good diet can only help you get a better frame of mind and help you deal with things better, meaning less stress. Same with excercising. You shouldn't have to stress about eating natural, it should be just that, natural!

Another important concept in stress management to add to what you've written is physical tension

People go through their day carrying a lot of uneccessary tension in everything they do

In other words while our body is naturally self-supported by a perfectly aligned skeleton so that our muscles are free to move without the slightest tensions and hence free to contract and release quickly to exherts the maximum strenght we screw this balance, lose the skeleton alignment and use the muscles to compensate to make up for the lack of self support so when we contract them to do something they're alread contracted to support our body.

The result is that every little movement we do provide tension

Look at people and whatever they do like talking on the phone, writing, walking, speaking, singing, eating, typing and so on and if you try to feel their neck, shoulder, arms, torso, abs, legs ... you will see they are always tensed; their muscles should be relaxed and free to contract for a fraction of a second at the right moment instead the co-contracton and tension is chronic

Re-learning proper skeletal alignment and efficient muscle use so has to go through the day with a self-supported, untensed body that does effortless movement by proper using of rapid and small contractions of relaxed muscles would remove a huge amount of physical and by turn mental stress. Of course losing skeletal alignment as we get old (very young childre till 4-5 have perfect flawless body use and alignment) depends on attitudinal factors as well, it's the way society moulds us, the way culturally stress is expressed physically (think of the habit of slouching breaking totally any sort of skeletal alignment and its root of boredome, sadness, fatigue, disinterest, understimulation and so on)

http://www.alexandercenter.com/

THANK YOU! I love your post because most of us are sitting here, stressing about every tiny aspect of our lives, trying to figure out where we've gone wrong to have developed acne. Mood and stress level is so very important, and I've only come to that realization within the last 7 months or so. I don't exercise ( shame on me) but I should start. My endorphins are seemingly asking for it :)

I feel as though stress never really has any role to play in the condition of my skin. I am pretty esay going and generally I never get stressed. I could be in a terrible mood one week and not get any pimples show up or in a fantastic mood the next week and have a few. I do think that keeping stress free is great in keeping blood pressure down and putting yourself under lots of stress is never healthy.

Stress definately makes my skin worse. Which makes sense, since it releases all kinds of hormones into the body and our bodies cant seem to handle hormones as it is..at least not mine. :(