Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
keysorsoze

Ziana Prescription

Hi! Has anyone tried Ziana yet, I just went to a dermatologist and was prescribed this. One question though, if I run out do I need to go back to the derm and get more of this stuff? or can I just go to the pharmacy and get a refill. The prescription says 0 refill on it.

right now i'm using the samples he gave me. I got 4 of them and each one should last me about a month. When i run out i'll just fill the prescription. I guess if ur derm gave you one of those small prescription papers you should be able to fill it.

I'm using it right now and have been for over a week. It makes me very dry and red, especially on my neck.

Also, it calmes down active pimples, but isn't doing anything to prevent new ones. It seems to take forever to make pimples completely go away.

^I'm like the exact opposite lol..

I would say i'm almost clear because of ziana. No redness or irratation and it makes pimples go away faster. I'm still using bp in the morning so my face could be use to a lot of the irritation.

I have adult acne (I'm 30) and have been using Ziana for about 2 weeks now. It's helped me without causing dryness or irritation. This surprised me because I have sensitive skin and can not tolerate Retin-A... it made my skin bright red, flaky and it was painful (severe burning feeling).

I've been using this topical in combination with an oral antibiotic - Solodyn. So far, so good. I'm not 100% clear, but have seen a good reduction in acne, especially the larger "deep rooter" pimples. I'm hoping I'll get even better in a few more weeks.

~I should note that this is the first "hard-core" regimen I've tried since being on Accutane about 7 years ago. The Accutane worked great for about 1 year, then all my acne came back (except then my skin was dry and flaky too). By that point I got frustrated because I had tried EVERYTHING. So, I gave up for a while.

I was prescribed Ziana and started using it on March 3. I stopped using it on April 3 because my skin was all flaky and peeling AND I was REALLY oily..I'm talking ridiculously oily. So strange to have oily skin and be peeling! It also made my skin break out really weird. It was giving me pimples that weren't like the ones I usually get. And, these new pimples seem to just fester....taking forever to come to a head or just go away.

I probably should have tried sticking with it for at least another 2 weeks (the prescribing info says that your skin might get worse during the first 2 to 4 weeks and then start to improve). But I couldn't handle having my skin peel AND be so darn oily.

So, I went back to my old regimine...Proactiv. And in just the three days that I've been back on Proactiv, those "festering" pimples caused by the Ziana have already gone away. And the peeling has almost stopped...and I'm not a massive oil slick any longer.