Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JeNNa86

if you have ever gotten a facial....

What is the light that they use over your face towards then end of your facial? It's like a little hand held thing with a round tip and it kind of like shocks the skin I guess u could say. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I was wandering if that was the same thing as the zeno or like a blue light or something.

Yeah, my last facial was a deep enzyme facial. And at the end, my esthetician used the high frequency wand. She said it helps kill of bacteria. At some points I felt some shocks.. it was coool though

You can buy them, ive seen them on ebay for a couple of hundred dollars. Not worth it in my opinion.

Guest Aloetta

I don't know of which one you mean(?) ...

DERMA-WAND, possibily (?) (?)

I have that one... and it has a light and sends little tiny shock or tingling sensations...

Great for closing pores...

Great for treating.. ACNE...

Sends Oxygen to the SKIN for Rapid Healing...................

Don't waste your money on the Derma Wand. I've had one for several years, and it really doesn't do anything. At least in my experience.

Hmmmm I dont have $ to buy one anyways but I was just wandering bc I had a pimple and it cleared up the same day she said she spent extra time going over it and it showed! Ahhhh if only I had money.....

Guest Aloetta

Sorry Juilette..^^ :think:

In the past I've had EXCESSIVE oily SKIN.... One thing I've learned , not to OVERUSE the product if SKIN not cleansed through, could do more HARM for Acne Sufferers ( had the product for YEARS, also, the other one w/ the infrate LITE, don't know what it was called I, broke that one) :doh: -

DERMA-WAND - After FACIALS (it's idenitifed more on TIGHTENING or MINIMIZING pores) and KILLING BACTERIA - but, it cannot KILL BACTERIA if OIL is CLOOGED on top of it or any fraction of skin layers around

I'd make sure to apply a toner (ANTISEPTIC) before (NON ALCOHOL) ... RECOMMENDED No toner is NEEDED ( applies only to NORMAL-SKIN people)...

I used to get awefull erruptions... Bumpy ones I'd pick on , thought speeding up healing would work ( but sometimes made it WORST)... - especially those pusty ones.. PUSTY ONES i would NEVER GET and notice these would come out MORE ( now this was a NEWER BATTLE w/ the pust) :crazy: w/ the WAND :think: believe purge them out :doubt:

AT FIRST, I was soooooo discouraged.. ( I believe this is due to BACTERIA or infection) :X ...inwhich I found I was CLOGGING those germs or impurity found underneath my Epidermal Layers.... :X Makes sense...BACTERIA that sits (clogged) UNDERNEATH OILY skin could NOT be CLEARED but SPREADS underneath skin layers -BLOODSRTREAM - or ABOVE..

After getting to know my SKIN... working attentively and caring for it throughly, apply facials weekly..not STRIPPING the OIL- (from ALCOHOL TONERS or PRODUCTS) but applying a good toner .. I found did wonders for me...

Both in appeareance & elasticity ( less sagging)... :surprised:

Worked wonders to heal opened wounds or erruptions...

Speeded up HEALING...

I would still HIGHLY recommend it.... :thumbsup:

Perhaps Overuse of it - aggrivated your skin - perhaps the epidermal layers weren't PH Balanced?

Or Residue from Cleanser, Soap...on skin (?) :question:

Yes... I Would STILL give it thumbs UP! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

***Would NOT receommend to those w/ OVER STRESSED or OILY SKIN or OILY SECRECTIONS appling direct w/o a MILD TONER /ANTISPETIC inwhich OIL CLOGS on top layers of INFECTIONS ( BAcTERIA) without proper cleansing.