Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello, I have been on Taz for about 3 full weeks now. My main problem areas are my cheeks. At first I was using the Taz with Pro Active. But due to the winter months my skin became to dry, and I switched to cetaphil cleanser. ( the one with a pump) My cheeks and forehead have had no new active spots now in three weeks. All i have left are some black heads (which seem not to be touched by the Taz...any help for those stubbron things?) and some red marks. However, my chin has started to break out. I am wondering if it is the initial break out that every one talks about, or if my skin is just to irritated from being so dry. So i am looking for some suggestiong on my routine.

So i am wondering if i should even use the Taz on my chin. I was thinking of only using BP around my chin and mouth. ( I think the iritation is causing the break out)

Also do you think i should stick with the cetapil cleanser, or use the Taz with pro active?

I'd really like people who have had good results with Taz to reply, and let me know what cleansers and other products you used with the Taz. Such as moisturizers, toners, ect. And did you use taz just on problem areas.

As of late, i have been use BP in the A.M and Taz at night. With the cetaphil cleanser. But, i did notice that i didnt have red marks when on proactive. Perhaps it was the Toner?

Any input on how to get the best results from Taz would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You say you've been on taz for 3 weeks - im on about my 6th week and im now just starting to see improvement - for the weeks prior to this one my skin was awful (dry) and i had many breakouts - especially around my chin. All my IB pimples are gone (which included a couple of cysts) but im still getting a few pimples still, not severe or anything though... Before I started taz my acne was mild.. i would say i just got a few pimples every so often or a cyst that popped up once a month.. i dont wanna say its good you're breaking out, but it is, it's getting all that shit under skin out and OUT of the way. I didn't think I'd see results from taz but I am now, hopefully it keeps it up until I'm totally clear. Stick with it - thats the best advice I can give you. Btw, I use 10% BP during the day and taz at night with clearasil acne wash in the shower. Seems to be alright but drying to my skin so I use moisturizer usually once a day over my dry areas.

You say you've been on taz for 3 weeks - im on about my 6th week and im now just starting to see improvement - for the weeks prior to this one my skin was awful (dry) and i had many breakouts - especially around my chin. All my IB pimples are gone (which included a couple of cysts) but im still getting a few pimples still, not severe or anything though... Before I started taz my acne was mild.. i would say i just got a few pimples every so often or a cyst that popped up once a month.. i dont wanna say its good you're breaking out, but it is, it's getting all that shit under skin out and OUT of the way. I didn't think I'd see results from taz but I am now, hopefully it keeps it up until I'm totally clear. Stick with it - thats the best advice I can give you. Btw, I use 10% BP during the day and taz at night with clearasil acne wash in the shower. Seems to be alright but drying to my skin so I use moisturizer usually once a day over my dry areas.

A regular cycle is 12-16 weeks. So you should put it on for that long because you might have a breakout before that. Also, drop the Proactiv and use the Cetaphil Cleanser. And put it all over the face, don't spot treat with Tazorac.

A regular cycle is 12-16 weeks. So you should put it on for that long because you might have a breakout before that. Also, drop the Proactiv and use the Cetaphil Cleanser. And put it all over the face, don't spot treat with Tazorac.

I heard that bp cancles out taz in a pH or idk way

I stoped putting on bp spot treatment after I apply the tazorac

so I use bp in the mourning...my skin is like a monster right now lol

Ive been moisturizing for an hour before I was about to put my tazorac gel on at night

and only really been washing with warm water, no cleansers at all my skin is really super sensitive

oh yeah I've been using Eucerin moisturizer, the kind that doesn't clog pores

and I apply it all over my face except near my lips

So has anyone had any luck with Tazorac? I hope this works. I have been using the BP in the A.M and Taz in the P.M. I am thinking about giving up on the BP, becuase my face is becoming dry. But I'm worried that if I stop the BP, some of the small zits will become large. (yet on the other hand, I heard that BP makes red marks stay longer, and Who wants that? lol)

I heard you can use the BP and tazorac together, I dunno why though since BP dries you out so much you maybe aggravating it

i'd say it's a success for me though like 6months on it pretty much clear.