Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone,

Well like the majortity of you I have decided to go with accutane. I'm using a generic brand but it's all the same. I would classify my acne as moderate, with the most sever acne on my neck. Never had neck acne before so go figure. I am 24 years old and have been battling with acne since I was 13 so almost half my life. I forget what it feels like to have clear skin.

I just started and I am on day 4. I take the pill at night with a meal. I don't do nothing to crazy, I use the Cetaphil facial wash one-two times a day. In the morning and before bed or just before bed. I also use the Cetaphil moisturizer again either once or twice a day. I only use these items on my face and chest and back because my neck is just so senstive i don't want to bother with it. I'm using the Aloe Vera with Vitamin E sunscreen lip balm by Bananna Boat. I can't find the Aqua stuff anywhere.

Obviously I just started so I don't have much to say but I am asking for any tips or advice on things to use, lip balms that are better. And if its okay to use on the spot treatment on some of the pimples, nothing big just one here and there with just a dab of the 2.5 BP.

If anyone has any words or advice, anything at all that would be great. I love this board.

Hello everyone,

Well like the majortity of you I have decided to go with accutane. I'm using a generic brand but it's all the same. I would classify my acne as moderate, with the most sever acne on my neck. Never had neck acne before so go figure. I am 24 years old and have been battling with acne since I was 13 so almost half my life. I forget what it feels like to have clear skin.

I just started and I am on day 4. I take the pill at night with a meal. I don't do nothing to crazy, I use the Cetaphil facial wash one-two times a day. In the morning and before bed or just before bed. I also use the Cetaphil moisturizer again either once or twice a day. I only use these items on my face and chest and back because my neck is just so senstive i don't want to bother with it. I'm using the Aloe Vera with Vitamin E sunscreen lip balm by Bananna Boat. I can't find the Aqua stuff anywhere.

Obviously I just started so I don't have much to say but I am asking for any tips or advice on things to use, lip balms that are better. And if its okay to use on the spot treatment on some of the pimples, nothing big just one here and there with just a dab of the 2.5 BP.

If anyone has any words or advice, anything at all that would be great. I love this board.

They make this Dr. Dan's lipbalm that you can get at your pharmacy, it's the best stuff I've ever used. I think spot treatments are ok but I was advised by my derm to stop everything I was using. I'm on my day 4 too, awesome :)

Sweet, we are on the same time frame. We can track each other now! I'm now on day 5 even though I haven't taken the pill yet today. I take mine at night before bed or a few hours before bed. Obviously just starting out I have yet to see any side effects. But so far so good. At least I know in my mind that's i'm doing something to combat the acne.

Sweet, we are on the same time frame. We can track each other now! I'm now on day 5 even though I haven't taken the pill yet today. I take mine at night before bed or a few hours before bed. Obviously just starting out I have yet to see any side effects. But so far so good. At least I know in my mind that's i'm doing something to combat the acne.

Hey there...I'm on day 3...I take 40mg twice a day. i can't seem to find the aquaphor anywhere either, but I will keep looking. I have just been using petroleum jelly and it seems to work well, thus far, but it has only been 3 days. :surprised: I'm so excited to finally be on this stuff, this is my last chance for clear skin! Good Luck! :dance:

Good luck to you as well. I'm on day 7 now. No side effects that I know of. Well I can't sleep throughout the entire night and have dreams that make me wonder, like just dreams of people that were in my life so many years ago that I never htink of anymore. And I had a very small minor nose bleed today but that only lasted a few minutes. But besides that I don't notice anything.