Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was thinking of using A&D ointment on my red cystic pimples. Do you think that would be beneficial or do you think it would be harmful for my face?

Active Ingredients: Contains: Petrolatum (53.4% - Skin Protectant), Lanolin (15.5% - Skin Protectant)

Inactive Ingredients: Cod Liver Oil (contains Vitamin A & Vitamin D), Fragrance, Light Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Paraffin

I've used A&D when my zits got to the point where they were more of a sore or the skin was broken from picking/popping it. It helps heal faster. It's kind of like using neosporin, but way better! We always keep some around the house- it's what we use when we get tattoos, for the first few days of healing. We also use it for cuts, etc. I would never put it all over my face though. It's like vaseline, it wouldn't let your skin breathe, so you would just get more clogged pores. If we put it on our tattoos a couple days after they've healed, we get all kinds of zit-like things. Sorry, I keep saying we. My husband and I get pretty much the same reaction to it. I just realized how funny it looked after I typed it all out. :P

That sounds like one of the worst existing products to use on a pimple. Mineral oil, petrolatum, and lanolin can all be irritating and acne causing. I don't see how this could at all be helpful.

I'm just confused...in your first post, you said you were considering using it, asked for opinions, then afterwards said you used it and it works. Doesn't make sense, but we'll just leave it at that. :angel:

p.s. i make compounded meds in the pharmacy with A+D ointment.

I used A & D ointment on my baby's bottom ... I wouldn't have thought that it would be good for acne.

Wouldn't it be comedogenic?

I had to stop using it on my baby because the lanolin in it broke my hands out in an allergic rash.

I'd say use it sparingly and watch for reactions and blackheads. But if it is working for you, then that's GREAT! Who knew?

Im only using it on red cystic pimples. Im sorry you had an allergic reaction to it though. That sucks! You would think it would prevent you from getting a rash since its used to treat diaper rash, it would not give you a rash