Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sylvain

Fraxel SR 1500 with the blue product ?

Hi everybody,

I'm having a traitement in France with fraxel 2 ( my docteur say) but i jus read on the forum the fraxel 2 doesn't use anymore the blue product.

So i did ask to my doctor why he is steel ussing this product on me . He tall me the laser he have is the fraxel 2 but he didn't receive the new head so he had to keep this bleu product until they send him this head.

Do you knwo if it is possible ? i feel my doctor have the fraxel 1 only. How can i see on the machine if it is the SR 750 or the SR1500, is the machine differente ?

Thanks a lot.

Sylvain

Hi everybody,

I'm having a traitement in France with fraxel 2 ( my docteur say) but i jus read on the forum the fraxel 2 doesn't use anymore the blue product.

So i did ask to my doctor why he is steel ussing this product on me . He tall me the laser he have is the fraxel 2 but he didn't receive the new head so he had to keep this bleu product until they send him this head.

Do you knwo if it is possible ? i feel my doctor have the fraxel 1 only. How can i see on the machine if it is the SR 750 or the SR1500, is the machine differente ?

Thanks a lot.

Sylvain

It is possible for your doctor to have fraxel 2 and still have to use the blue dye (as mine does). I have asked them to lookinto the new tip, the press release just came out 2-2-07 so I'm sure not everyone is aware or has ordered the tip yet. Here is the press release from their webiste. Hope this puts you at ease:

Date: 02.02.07

Reliant Announces Major Advances at AAD

FDA clearance for 70 mJ for deepest penetration of any fractional skin resurfacing device;

New roller tip and second generation software eliminates the need for blue dye

Mountain View, CA – February 2, 2007 – Reliant Technologies, Inc. today announced major advancements to its second generation Fraxel SR1500 laser system. Reliant, the inventor and market leader of fractional resurfacing, has made yet another leap forward with three significant product announcements to its Fraxel system.

Fraxel SR1500 laser announcements at American Academy of Dermatology annual meeting (Fraxel booth #2045):

U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) 510(k) issued clearance for treatment energies up to 70 mJ, making the Fraxel laser the deepest penetrating fractional device on the market. The device is capable of creating superheated lesions in the tissue from 300 microns up to 1400 microns deep into the dermis

Introduction of breakthrough ergonomic roller tips (first of their kind in the aesthetic market) for the Fraxel® SR1500 laser.

Second generation of the Fraxel Intelligent Optical TrackingTM (IOTS) system allows users to provide effective, safe and predictable pattern delivery without the requirement of OptiGuide Blue contrast agent.

The FDA-cleared higher energy settings and increase in penetration depth, combined with the new roller tips and software enhancements,continues Reliant’s tradition of pioneering safety and maximum clinical efficacy in the aesthetic industry. Fraxel SR1500 laser users have maximum control over energy depth and coverage, and the new product enhancements provide effective treatments in less time.

Len DeBenedictis, CTO of Reliant Technologies, said the continued advancements in the Fraxel SR1500 laser are a direct response to a rapidly growing physician demand for safe, effective and predictable skin treatment options.

“As the market leader, Fraxel technology delivers unparalleled safety, precision and efficacy. Reliant is dedicated to addressing and fulfilling the needs of physicians and consumers alike by continuously investing in and creating leading edge technologies,” said DeBendedictis.

Details for the FDA clearance and product enhancements Fraxel SR1500 laser:

FDA Clearance for Treatment Energies up to 70 mJ

Equal to the highest energy cleared by the FDA for any fractional skin resurfacing device

Allows for deepest penetration of any fractional skin resurfacing device

Only fractional device FDA-cleared for skin resurfacing, periorbital wrinkles, pigmented lesions, melasma, acne scars, & surgical scars

2nd Generation IOTS Enhancements

Superior Tracking Performance

3 times faster data processing rate

4 times greater light sensitivity

60 times greater dynamic range of detectable acceleration

4 times greater optical spatial resolution

Ergonomic Roller Tip

Fits existing Fraxel SR1500 laser handpiece

Textured roller provides greater control and eliminates slipping on skin surface.

Treatment Benefits

Faster procedure times with no blue clean up

No need to irritate patient’s skin post Fraxel treatment

Launched in Fall 2004, the Fraxel SR1500 laser allowed Reliant to create a new category in anti-aging, collagen remodeling and skin resurfacing. The product provides a highly effective, predictable and safe non-ablative treatment for patients with acne scarring, surgical scars, melasma or hormonal skin discoloration, periorbital wrinkles and sun and age spots. The launch of the Fraxel laser represented an industry breakthrough for its ability to penetrate fractions of skin, spot by spot, without breaking the skin’s protective outer barrier. The result is natural stimulation of new collagen without the fear of downtime and risks associated with traditional ablative treatments.

Date: 02.02.07

Reliant Announces Major Advances at AAD

FDA clearance for 70 mJ for deepest penetration of any fractional skin resurfacing device;

New roller tip and second generation software eliminates the need for blue dye

Mountain View, CA – February 2, 2007 – Reliant Technologies, Inc. today announced major advancements to its second generation Fraxel SR1500 laser system. Reliant, the inventor and market leader of fractional resurfacing, has made yet another leap forward with three significant product announcements to its Fraxel system.

Fraxel SR1500 laser announcements at American Academy of Dermatology annual meeting (Fraxel booth #2045):

U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) 510(k) issued clearance for treatment energies up to 70 mJ, making the Fraxel laser the deepest penetrating fractional device on the market. The device is capable of creating superheated lesions in the tissue from 300 microns up to 1400 microns deep into the dermis

Introduction of breakthrough ergonomic roller tips (first of their kind in the aesthetic market) for the Fraxel® SR1500 laser.

Second generation of the Fraxel Intelligent Optical TrackingTM (IOTS) system allows users to provide effective, safe and predictable pattern delivery without the requirement of OptiGuide Blue contrast agent.

The FDA-cleared higher energy settings and increase in penetration depth, combined with the new roller tips and software enhancements,continues Reliant’s tradition of pioneering safety and maximum clinical efficacy in the aesthetic industry. Fraxel SR1500 laser users have maximum control over energy depth and coverage, and the new product enhancements provide effective treatments in less time.

Len DeBenedictis, CTO of Reliant Technologies, said the continued advancements in the Fraxel SR1500 laser are a direct response to a rapidly growing physician demand for safe, effective and predictable skin treatment options.

“As the market leader, Fraxel technology delivers unparalleled safety, precision and efficacy. Reliant is dedicated to addressing and fulfilling the needs of physicians and consumers alike by continuously investing in and creating leading edge technologies,” said DeBendedictis.

Details for the FDA clearance and product enhancements Fraxel SR1500 laser:

FDA Clearance for Treatment Energies up to 70 mJ

Equal to the highest energy cleared by the FDA for any fractional skin resurfacing device

Allows for deepest penetration of any fractional skin resurfacing device

Only fractional device FDA-cleared for skin resurfacing, periorbital wrinkles, pigmented lesions, melasma, acne scars, & surgical scars

2nd Generation IOTS Enhancements

Superior Tracking Performance

3 times faster data processing rate

4 times greater light sensitivity

60 times greater dynamic range of detectable acceleration

4 times greater optical spatial resolution

Ergonomic Roller Tip

Fits existing Fraxel SR1500 laser handpiece

Textured roller provides greater control and eliminates slipping on skin surface.

Treatment Benefits

Faster procedure times with no blue clean up

No need to irritate patient’s skin post Fraxel treatment

Launched in Fall 2004, the Fraxel SR1500 laser allowed Reliant to create a new category in anti-aging, collagen remodeling and skin resurfacing. The product provides a highly effective, predictable and safe non-ablative treatment for patients with acne scarring, surgical scars, melasma or hormonal skin discoloration, periorbital wrinkles and sun and age spots. The launch of the Fraxel laser represented an industry breakthrough for its ability to penetrate fractions of skin, spot by spot, without breaking the skin’s protective outer barrier. The result is natural stimulation of new collagen without the fear of downtime and risks associated with traditional ablative treatments.