Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, so a few weeks ago, probably 3 1/2, I started using The Body Shop's Tea tree oil products. At first, they seemed to get rid of all the big red pimples, and there were only left, um I think you call it hyperpigmentation. Then, I started to get little red bumps everywhere. Then those bumps formed small pimples, than the pimples left red marks. So now I have all these nasty red marks on my face, plus a couple still noticable pimples, and I still get pimples pop up every couple days.

I got really mad last night and did this whole crying thing, which I don't do, and that just made me more upset. My mom told me to stop using the stuff (duh), and go back to using dove soap and a washcloth. She said my skin needs time to fix itself. She's also going to put me back on Bacterium, which is stuff for your kidney's I think, but it actually helped clear up my face.

What do you guys think? Is the soap thing going to make it worse? Because I don't think I can handle that. The worst part is, my mom is making me do this regardless, I just want to know if it'll work. Oh, and she also popped a bunch of my pimples yesterday, which I know isn't good, but she won't listen to me.

The worst part is, my mom is making me do this regardless, I just want to know if it'll work. Oh, and she also popped a bunch of my pimples yesterday, which I know isn't good, but she won't listen to me.

your mum popped your pimples?!!! What age are you Kairasa? Because I think maybe your mum needs to let you try and sort out your own skin, thats not really fair that she does that to you. Its your skin not hers.

I dont think the washcloth part is a good idea because it could just aggravate your skin, you are supposed to be very gentle on it.

Unfortunately a lot of clearing acne is trial and error, not everyones skin reacts the same. For one person tea tree might have worked but not for you. If the dove helps you then stick with it by all means but browse the site here and looks for ideas. people seem to try new things here every day.

Agreed with agaigh! It really does sound as if a big part of your frustration (and possibly the stress causing some of this breakout!) is not being able to deal with your own skin! Perhaps you can have a sit down with her and tell her that your body includes your skin, and that you should deal with it as you see fit? The soap thing will probably not work - for most acne sufferers, just using soap overdrys and aggravates our skin, causing more acne.

You could maybe print out some of the things you see on this board that will work - either products or techniques or even skin care information - and show them to her.

The worst part is, my mom is making me do this regardless, I just want to know if it'll work. Oh, and she also popped a bunch of my pimples yesterday, which I know isn't good, but she won't listen to me.

your mum popped your pimples?!!! What age are you Kairasa? Because I think maybe your mum needs to let you try and sort out your own skin, thats not really fair that she does that to you. Its your skin not hers.

I'm 17. Yeah be shocked. She is so annoying about this stuff. The thing is, she's awesome in every other aspect, just not when it comes to my acne. I did the dove/washcloth thing earlier, and it felt nice, so I'm hoping that it'll either help my face or let it remain the same. If it get's worse, there is going to be some major fighting going on at my house. I'm almost 18,and you would think she would let me do what I want with my face.

So it sounds like your mom is truly trying to help but doesn't know much better herself. Maybe you can get a recommendation for a good esthetician, take mom along and have a little skin care 101? Some basic do's and dont's a lot of people get wrong. Be gentle to your skin. Overwashing or using cleansers that are too drying are the worst...so watch out for that.

don't use the dove and the washcloth, that probably would aggravate your skin more. the bactrim should be fine, i think it is pretty effective. it's an antibiotic. try a topical antibiotic as well, like cleocin. it is very gentle, i've used it before and it isn't irritating at all. also after a little while, once your skin kind of recovers, i'd go on something like differin at night.

Multiple use of a washcloth will grow bacteria. That is a horrible idea. Dove soap is very harsh soap. If you have sensitive skin I wouldnt use it. Maybe you need to show your mom this site