Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Longhorn2

Who uses flaxseed oil and fish oil while on the regime

Guest june

yep...i take flaxseed, evening primrose and cod liver oil every day....i've noticed a really big difference....started taking them a little over a year ago...

ok from what i was told, if you take salmon oil and flax oil primrose isnt needed.

ok salmon oil, flaxseed both are hig hin omega 3 fats. Im sure it wont hurt to take them both hey?

And is there any benefits from taking flaxseed oil in the luquid form (taking it in by the tsp) or the pills?

Guest june

no, i don't think it will hurt to take them both or all three in my case....flaxseed oil in the liquid form can be taken by the tsp full or most use it as a salad dressing....do not heat up the flaxseed oil and keep it in the fridge....some people are allergic to the capsules or do not like the taste of the carob gelatin capsule....

is flaxseed oil the same thing as linseed oil??

also just outta curiousity what does flaxseed oil do for u.....i forgot what someone told me a while back...

Edit: n/m found the benefits on google

Yes u can take both the liquid and capsule type daily. this stuff is one of the best supplements u can take for your health although it is worthless against acne.

if u have to choose one or the other go for the liquid, it is better absorbed. Make sure it is "cold pressed"

Guest fatman_uk

Liquid is cheaper than pills, you just have to either not mind eating it off the spoon, or find sumthin to mix it in with.

-Gaz

well im taking 3000MG of salmon oil pills daily, do you think thats good enuf?

i mean, i wanna spend my money on what will help my skin. And if salmon oil pills can support me with the omegas than ill find something else to get other than flax oil.

Guest fatman_uk

I read studies on bodybuilding sites that said Flax was a better choice than Fish oils.

-Gaz

I did quite a bit of research on all their properties and it seems primrose might have a bit more effect than flax.

I would love to take all 3, but its just tough when its pretty expensive and im not exactly all that made of money right now.

Guest june

there has to be a balance between omega-3 and omega-6 compounds in your diet.....omega-6 consumption should be about 4 times as much as omega-3......omega-3 are cod liver oil, fish oil, nuts, flaxseed or leefy greens and veggies...omega-6 are borage oil, evening primrose oil, blackcurrent oil etc...

american/western diets in general are low in omega-3 and high in omega-6(a lot of processed foods contain omega-6)

so if you already taking fish oil maybe ditch the flax to save on your cost and try to put an omega-6 oil in your supplement regime....like borage or evening primrose oil.