Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EvaHonestly

Non Powder Blushes

Does anybody have any recs for gel or cream blushes that won't break me out? I'm getting sick of looking so powdery on some days.

I've only tried BeneTint and I like it, but the cost is a bit high and I'm afraid it'll break me out. :(

oooOOh, good question. hmm, i think you're looking for something in the drugstore, right? isn't there a "dream matte mousse" blush? people seem to like their eyeshadow...

(don't worry, i won't recommend any minerals... :P)

Drugstore would be great. :D

I didn't even think about the mousse!

And as for the minerals, I think they're all powders too. I have some powder blushes I really like already (color-wise), so I was thinking about mixing it with lotion to make my own ghetto lotiony blush. Do you think it'd work?

^ HAHA that was the first thing i was gonna suggest! except that i always remember you're the "NO MMU!" girl :D

i do think it'd work. it might take some experimentation to get the ratios/application method down... oh, except that if these are regular powders (and not minerals), i'm thinking they may not absorb as quickly/easily into the lotion. :think: just cuz everything i've heard tells me that minerals are so simple they seem to practially melt into water, lotions, lip balms, etc. for different techniques. but a regular blush formulation would be a finished formula already (lots of ingredients in there). but who knows, i've never tried it. maybe it'll work great! might as well give it a try. =]

man, i tried BeneTint + Moonbeam in a store once and the combo was gorgeous. i hate that their stuff is so ridiculously overpriced. i mean, sometimes stuff is overpriced but you really get a lot. BeneFit in particular seems to really enjoy screwing over the consumer. (have you ever seen the size of their "Speedbrow" eyebrow gel?! :doh:)

EDIT: looks like you're in luck, Eva: good reviews. ;)

I use Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush.

I've been using it for about a month, now. It has not broken me out..Yet.

Just purchased the mousse bronzer as well. The consistency of the mousse...

It's very fun to touch and put on.

I bought their foundation as well. I've used it a few times, much quicker to apply with fingers compared to a brush. I must admit I'm getting tired of having to wash my brushes every other week. Stopped using foundation for a few days, but I think I like putting stuff on my face in the morning because it is fun and pretty. :cool:

I have used Benetint before and it didnt break my skin out.

Only need a little bit of it. It is great on your lips for a natural blush look too. I love the way it smells; like fresh cut roses.

It does stain your fingers if you apply it that way, and if you use it on your cheeks, make sure you blend it in well..a little goes a looong way!

:angel:

I personally like the dream matte mousse, but I haven't tried many kinds. My cheeks are naturally rosy, but sometimes after applying foundation/finishing silk/bronzer they need a little color.

Speaking of blush, I went to this stupid Mary Kay thing one time and she asked me if I wear blush and I was like "Uhhh, not usually" because I thought I didn't need to because of my rosy cheeks. She then proceeded to explain how to properly apply blush, and after trying what she said it made such a difference! It really "lifted" my face and opened it up.

I just found this website with basically the same "guidelines" of where the blush should go. There's a picture if you scroll down a bit.

Sorry this is a little off topic but I never realized I was using blush wrong!

http://beautynews.blogspot.com/2006/04/blu...n-tutorial.html

The website looks pretty cool for other tips and tricks as well.

Revlon's cream blushes and maybelline's mousse blushes are good :angel: I like the slightly pink/peach shades for my neutral/warm complexion. Don't ask me the shade names, I can never remember :lol: