Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It may seem kind of long, but read it ;)

Reading these threads really upset me.

All these people and how they feel about themselves.

Acne is a terrible shot at self esteem of a person, i have mild/moderate acne and sometimes it really bugs me to go out if i break out, but i always end up feel guilty for breaking plans with my freinds.

Im in grade 10, almost 16 years old, and i have a lot of life left to live.

Whenever i get down about my acne i think to myself "You live once, and my teenage years is the only few years in my life where i have the freedom to go around and hang out, without paying bills or anything, why not enjoy it and let stupid acne get in my way?"

The only people that will judge someone beacuse they have acne are the stuck up people who don't understand, and why would you want to be freinds with them anyway?

When im with my friends i forget all about my acne, and about most other problems because im enjoying myself

Sometimes the best cure for acne without actually getting rid of it is your freinds, and having a postitive outlook on things.

But what im getting at, is for the teenage people with acne that dont feel to good about them selfs,

Try, you have to, beacuse you only live once

Sometimes the best cure for acne without actually getting rid of it is your friends, and having a postitive outlook on things.

I have little of either of those things....and lots of people here are no longer teenagers, myself included. But I see your point & it is true, we can't let acne hold us back from living & enjoying life. It is nice to have a place like this to vent though!

When I had acne, every person I knew would make fun of me about it and I quickly became a social outcast, simply because it became cool for people to abuse me based on how incredibly ugly I was. My "friends" at the time partook in this too, but I stuck to them for fear of being a complete loner.

It's all well and good for you to say that being with your friends makes your forget about acne, but for me at least, acne prevented me from having any real friends. Maybe I was just unlucky?

Thats what pisses me off about this

Why do people, especially freinds make fun of you beacuse you have acne?

I think people that make fun of people with acne still think you get acne by not washing and eating fast food :rolleyes: