Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
foxygoddess

Dry Skin and Accutane

My skin is naturally pretty darned dry, I'm always putting lotion on it no matter what 'cause if I don't right when I get out of the shower it will feel tight and itchy. I'm still searching for the perfect face moisturizer, as right now I'm using Curel Ultra Healing mixed with Murad SPF 30 (I want to get a super good moisturizer and SPF in one that is NON-greasy, impossible!).

Anyway, has anyone out there gone on Accutane with dry skin to begin with? If so, how was your experience? Did your skin turn to flakes?! I'm nervous that what little moisture my skin can retain will be gone forever once I take it. Do your moisture levels return to normal after Accutane? I'm so scared that my skin will become parched like an old woman's for good. Please reply!!!

almost everyones skin becomes very dry while on accutane, regardless of how dry it was to begin with. my skin was dry when i started and more dry now, just find a good moisturizer, i use cetaphil and amlactin