Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anybody know how to prevent after shave ance from occurring?I keep on getting aftershave acne and i even put on aftershave cream afterwards.

I bought a beard trimmer and just use it without the attachment so its as close as possible to my skin. Shaving always irritated my skin and caused pimples no matter what.

Sounds like ingrown hairs or razor bumps.

I recommend either Brave Soldier Code Blue aftershave or PFB Vanish.

Whether it's ingrown hairs or regular acne, this should work.

Shave after a shower.

Use a shaving cream, not a gel.

Use the Gillete Fusion (5 blades) I know most people say that 5 blades is too irratating, but the Fusion is awesome. You can even go against the grain and you won't get cuts, razor burn, or get ingrown hairs.

After shave with anything that has aloe vera.

i don't see how one gets a closer shave with the 5 close spaced blades on the gilette fusion

having the blades spaced so close together seems to result in having to shave the same area more times compared to a 3 razor blade like a mach 3 even though one shaving stroke is relatively less irritating with 5 blades

a shaving stroke with the fusion is less irritating but the hair removed in that stroke appears to be less than eg. 3 blade razor because the blades don't get as close

so you take more shaving strokes with the fusion to shave the same area and get irritation anyways

I use my nivea for men double action face wash as shaving cream. While Im in the shower I get a lather going, I wash my face for 60 sec., then I shave, then I rinse. Works awesome for me.

a shaving stroke with the fusion is less irritating but the hair removed in that stroke appears to be less than eg. 3 blade razor because the blades don't get as close

so you take more shaving strokes with the fusion to shave the same area and get irritation anyways

you can consider it a "good thing" if you want to get a crappy shave with the fusion by only passing over each area a few times