Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
truthteller

Used Benzoyl, itching and redness (maybe allergic?)

I think im allergic to Benzoyl Peroxide because after I put it on last night my skin is very red and a little inflamed. I used Cortizone cream on it (it seemed to help a little) and took some Benedryl to curb the allergic reaction. Is there anything else I can do to help with the redness and inflammation? Maybe an ice bag?

Thanks

To add anything, I felt a burning sensation right away after putting it on my cheeks. I am using 2.5%. Should I wait until the redness subsides then use it again? Did i use too much maybe?

Thanks!

I'm not an expert with BP products but it was doing the same exact things to me. But it was 10%. I stopped using it because it left red spots on my face. Just be careful I guess..

I'm not an expert with BP products but it was doing the same exact things to me. But it was 10%. I stopped using it because it left red spots on my face. Just be careful I guess..

What do you mean left red spots on your face? Like after the pimples were gone, or just random red spots on your face?

Thanks.

At the beginning, I tought it was still a pimple so I kept putting cream on it lol but it would take like a month or so but since I have very very sensitive skin I don't know about you.. let's say my nose is red cause of this right now.. and its been red for couple of months.

At the beginning, I tought it was still a pimple so I kept putting cream on it lol but it would take like a month or so but since I have very very sensitive skin I don't know about you.. let's say my nose is red cause of this right now.. and its been red for couple of months.